Question What is my best option?

Recently purchased a Garmin 7612XSV with PS21tr panoptix transducer.

I currently have a
    Garmin echo map chirp 54dv flush mounted at the console with it's transducer on the transom.

Will these 2 units communicate to each other? If so what cable do I need?

Should I mount the 7612 at the bow with panoptix?

Should I mount the 7612 at the console and buy another unit to mount on the bow with the panoptix?

What transducer should I purchase to mount on the transom of the boat for the 7612?

Thanks,

No, you cannot network the 54dv with the 7612.

I would get a second 7600 series unit for the bow (buy the biggest screen you can afford). Along with Panoptix at the bow, you need an additional transducer on the trolling motor. I would add either a GT8 (2D only), CV22 (2D and ClearVu), or CV52 (2D, ClearVu, and SideVu) to the trolling motor, depending on what your needs are.

For the console unit, get the GT8/GT30 bundle.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614252

The GT8 is the IH (inhull model), 2D sonar only. The GT30 goes on the transom and provides your SideVu and ClearVu.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Forgot to mention it is an aluminum hull

So if I mount the 7612 at the console and connect a GT30 transom mount transducer to it I cannot view the transom transducer with a 7600 bow unit? Once I purchase another 7600 series unit and I network the 2 units what will be the advantages?

I appreciate the help

Since you have aluminum hull, simply get the CV52 for the transom (has 2D, Side, and ClearVu). Since you already have one 7600 unit, it only makes sense to get another one for networking. Hooking both units up via ethernet will share user data and sonar.
    Garmin Pro Team