Non-carpet floor in J. T. Kenney's boat

J. T. Kenney posted a video this morning of his new Ranger. At about the two minute mark he shows the new floor material that is not a carpet.

I wonder if Ranger will make that kind of flooring available for my 2007 170VS.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

A guy I know bought a 2017 Z520C Intercoastal. It has the sea deck material throughout and I wondered how is would hold up as he puts his boat on a lift down here in Florida year round. I inquired about 6 months into it and Ranger had already replaced 2 or 3 pieces that came up. They did warranty the material but my gut told me that the heat and moisture of Florida would challenge any material and even the sea deck is vulnerable to the strong sun, heat, and moisture down here.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

I don't know what the material in J.T.'s boat is, but it doesn't look like Sea Deck.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

4. Member
    That's the new stuff available in 2018 Ls. Can't remember what they call it "weave" maybe. Somebody will be along

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I don’t know everything about the current non-carpet flooring, but a couple of years ago that was called “chain weave,” and now this option is called “traction pad.” According to their web site, it is only available on certain models, including the 521L, 520L, and 519C. It couldn’t hurt to ask their Parts department if they’d sell you one, but the problem might be, how to get the right fit. I believe these pieces are pre-cut, sized to fit the few models on which they now can be ordered, and have finished edges.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    It's new for this year and an option....not chain weave more of a rubber like material. Same floor in the Icon boat but without the 50 year anniversary logo.

7. Member
    It is called chain weave from what I was told. It’s meant to dry a lot quicker than carpet. If it was me, I would maybe try to get the new rubber flooring material. I actually own that boat now and it seems a little slippery. Not sayin I don’t like it but think that new rubber may be the ticket.

8. Member
    Sorry Olebiker, I actually just watched that video. I didn’t know that was one of his 2018 boat. I’d say that is the new rubber. The boat that I have was his ‘17 with the chain we’ve.

It's traction pad flooring, I have it in mine as well. Its a non slip surface with grooves in it. I've already had it wet at Okeechobee and seriously its non slip. Chainweave is not available on L Boats. I wanted Chainweave Flooring and was bummed I could not get it when I ordered my boat. After fishing out of this 6 times thus far, its the best flooring I've ever seen in any boat.

10. mikesxpress
    We shall see in 2-3 years how this stuff holds up. Too new to tell now.

11. Member
    Its the same flooring material used on the 520c Intercostal decks. Easy to clean up but only time will tell on how it wears.