Thread: Jackall Rerange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jackall Rerange

Boys this is a helluva jerkbait. Evidence by fact that you can't find em right now. Casts like a bullet and the action is unbelievable. It's my new favorite. I only got two. Gotta be careful around the cedars.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Might have to give them a try.

3. Banned
    just ordered a white 110

you all jerk hard or more twitches with it?

4. Member
    Mix it up. But the thing about this bait is its responsiveness. It really does well with short twitches. It's an easy jerkbait to work. Every time you "jerk" whether it's a twitch or a true jerk, that nose is gonna change directions.
    I throw a white/bone on cloudy days. Very effective.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    Thanks Tablerock , I purchased a few and they look good in the water . Just Trippy how when you cast it sounds like you hit something but it’s the weight transferring . It feels like It’s not going where I want it to but it really is, hard to describe .

6. Member
    I think you need to blame....tactical bassin' (i think)....tim did a whole vid on it and he was pretty stoked about that lure. prolly helping with shortage.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

7. Member
    I agree on the sound when casting. Until I got used to it, I thought I had hit my windshield every damn time. Pretty distracting.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

8. Member
    Lol tell me about it

Apologies for bumping up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I ordered and received one of these. It looks awesome and the quality is absolutely top notch. However, I'm thinking I may have a problem. Are you guys able to shake or fling one of these in your hand and move the weight transfer weight? Mine won't move when I whip it as hard as I can in my hand, but the 2+ feet of ice that remains on all our lakes hasn't allowed me to try flinging it on the end of a line just yet and I'm sure that imparts more momentum than I'm able to get with my bare hands. Trying to figure out if it's defective or not...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

10. Member
    Honestly, I never tried that. Sorry I can't be of more help. Mine are 150 miles away or I'd go grab one and check for you.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Apologies for bumping up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I ordered and received one of these. It looks awesome and the quality is absolutely top notch. However, I'm thinking I may have a problem. Are you guys able to shake or fling one of these in your hand and move the weight transfer weight? Mine won't move when I whip it as hard as I can in my hand, but the 2+ feet of ice that remains on all our lakes hasn't allowed me to try flinging it on the end of a line just yet and I'm sure that imparts more momentum than I'm able to get with my bare hands. Trying to figure out if it's defective or not...
    have one in my hand now.

The answer is NO....but you know what. I havent caught a fish with it yet so i think youre right, it must be broken if im not catching with it!

all joking aside...you gotta really whip it like you can only do with a rod casting to get it to make that crack sound the weight makes. Send it to me and if I dont catch fish with it we'll call it broken too!

12. Member
    The weight in mine will not move unless I tap it on a hard surface. I thought mine was broke but then hit it hard enough to move the weight. Its not like a pointer or megabass at all.

13. Member
    "you gotta really whip it"
    Careful, now.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    "you gotta really whip it"
    Careful, now.
    yea cant really let it hang in the wind and just dangle there. gotta really whip it...whip it good, you could say.

lol

15. Member
    The baits are awesome been killing them all spring . The only complaint is this bait gets a ton if hook rash

Thanks for the info, gents! Aside from the way my 6th grade self is now reading my question and the replies, this makes me feel better.

Given the loud noise people have reported I figured it must take a lot of force to get it to transfer, else it'd just gently slide to the back of the bait without making more than a little click like other baits' weight transfer systems. I just wanted some reassurance that I hadn't spent $15 on a dud!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    The baits are awesome been killing them all spring . The only complaint is this bait gets a ton if hook rash
    Interesting observation. Looking at my jerkbait box, it seems a lot of my best jerkbaits tend to show hook rash. Has to be a byproduct of kicking hard to the side that leads to more hook-to-bait contact, right? Or maybe just the extra friction that results from catching fish on them!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Awesome bait. Definitely makes one heck of a crack when you cast it ! Lol. Fish crush em!

18. Member
    Is this a suspending jerkbait or a slow riser??

Suspending
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

20. Member
    The sound when casting is distracting.... no matter how much you throw it...your co-angler will flinch ;-)

This is one of the few jerkbaits I have ever had a hard time getting bit on....no idea what I am doing wrong but Ill keep tryin.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast