Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Ranger boat Pros?

Bass Fan has J Lee, Matt Lee and Jacob Wheeler in a Ranger this year. Love the young guns in a Ranger!

2. Member
    Tell tale sign that Legend is on its way out.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=869315
    It's terrible to see a boat line discontinued. Hope this isn't true

4. Moderator
    Wheeler is in a Triton

5. Member
    Yep Wheeler is in Triton....

6. mikesxpress
    It really doesn't matter much. These guys change boats like we do underwear It's a tool to use and abuse for free so whoever gives them the best freebie deal is the ride they use.

7. Member
    Elite Pro Jared Lintner just jumped to Ranger from a Skeeter ... sounds like Ranger is just grabbing market share etc.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky 520c View Post
    Yep Wheeler is in Triton....
    I don't think it's free, just a pro deal, make the payments and sell it every year or two. I could be wrong though.

9. Member
    I marshalled /rode with an Elite pro at the Sacramento/Delta elite event in 2015. He told me that every deal for every pro is different… Super big names like KVD, Skeet, Clunn, Ike etc basically get free / super discounted boats. The majority, "85%" was his #, of pros get discounted boats so much so that when they sell them at the end of the season they make some $$$. I think the better you get the cheaper your new ride gets ... but that was my take away not exactly what he said.
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 01-13-2018 at 07:52 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    I marshalled /rode with an Elite pro at the Sacramento/Delta elite event in 2015. He told me that every deal for every pro is different… Super big names like KVD, Skeet, Clunn, Ike etc basically get free / super discounted boats. The majority, "85%" was his #, of pros get discounted boats so much so that when they sell them at the end of the season they make some $$$. I think the better you get the cheaper your new ride gets ... but that was my take away not exactly what he said.
    The super pros that do get free boats also get thar special 1099 and have to claim the boat as income. Yes the factory invoice is 100% discounted to $0 but they still pay income tax on it. I've seen 10%-100% discounts and everywhere in between on pro staff invoices from various manufacturers. With Memo you have a year to pay up that's why most guys sell or have a buyer lined up so when they sell they can pay the mfg and possibly pocket a little $$.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    It really doesn't matter much. These guys change boats like we do underwear It's a tool to use and abuse for free so whoever gives them the best freebie deal is the ride they use.
    In this case WRMG booted all their Legend pros and basically said pick Nitro, Ranger, or Triton but not Legend.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    Pretty much.

There are also a handful that actually get paid to run certain boats. That means a monthly check but it doesn't necessarily mean a free boat on top of it.

Ranger seems to be beefing up their pro team.
    Last edited by gabes1; 01-16-2018 at 12:07 PM.

14. Member
    Just woundering with all said how may end up broke at careers end?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Heck that's a question you can ask any man with a job. My 2 cents and I would imagine it would apply to pro fishermen as well is: If you work hard at what you do & continue to get better at what you do plus save a little money you'll probably be OK. That said the career of any athlete does have more risk.

16. Member
    Ole John L destroying another boat company!!

17. dartag1829
    Do most pro's get 1 boat per year. I see them listed for sale at quite a discount compared to the retail guys trying to sell used. They seem better outfitted.

18. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Your not going to see articles showing how many of these guys sleep in the back of there truck and eat peanut butter sandwiches, counting the money they have in there pocket to fuel the truck/boat, or washing the few clothes they have at the laundromat. It's not conducive to promoting the tour they are on or the sport itself. Media magic.
    If you ever have some of the entry level guys base camp during a practice session you'll get the real story.

19. Member
    If you dont have other things going on outside of actual fishing its hard to survive.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Do most pro's get 1 boat per year. I see them listed for sale at quite a discount compared to the retail guys trying to sell used. They seem better outfitted.
    Yea, discounted Memo boat meaning they have 1 year to make full payment. Discounts can range from 10, 25, 35, 50, or 100% depending on who you are. Most Memo contracts require that they get a new boat every year but full payment is due within 1 year so you'll see them on here trying to move them to make that Memo payment, most have buyers lined up before they even get the boat and will take a deposit to hold it. And it's not only "pros" pro-staffers will get a demo boat on a Memo discount and you can find deals from them, most have very low hours and in like new condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast