Echomap 73 sv plus - what to expect?

Give me the low down. The good, bad and ugly. I've yet to power them up, or mount them, I have glanced at the Instructions. Cant find many videos for them, are they to new?
    With any luck I'll get them installed next week.
    Fyi - I'm coming from a 2d grayscale unit.

2. Member
    I think the echomap plus units are a home run for Garmin. Top notch units, great performers, and fun to use. I don't see a down side unless you're trying to network them to non-plus units. There you'll hit a brick wall. Yes, they are new. Coming from a grayscale unit you'll have a learning curve with the software. Best thing you can do is put it in simulator mode and get used to the software at home, before going fishing.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

You’ll love the 73’s and then wish you bought the 93’s for the larger screen. Great solid units.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Played with my plus 93 last night on the couch.....awesome unitn wish it was on a bigger screen like 12.....very easy to get around the menus and i have Lowrance. I'll say there are alot more settings than are lowrance.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Thank you for the comments.
    At this moment, until the Q1 update, are their two ways to transfer waypoints? 1 swap micro SD card, 2 with the active Captain app?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Thank you for the comments.
    At this moment, until the Q1 update, are their two ways to transfer waypoints? 1 swap micro SD card, 2 with the active Captain app?
    You are correct.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Thank you.