Powerpole1

Praying Compartment Seal

Has anybody found something for seals other than the oem compartment gaskets? All the same I believe but for a 21XRD. If so please help. Tired of the bulb tearing off. Thanks in advance

bulb seal from mcmaster carr

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    You can buy the adhesive backed foam sheets just like what they have under the factory lids from mcmaster-carr and add another 3/8" thick sheet to whats already there then the lids will seal to the bare trim-lock. The mcmaster part number is 8722K27. I did this to all of the rear lids on my last Bullet (21RDC) and it worked great!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    You can buy the adhesive backed foam sheets just like what they have under the factory lids from mcmaster-carr and add another 3/8" thick sheet to whats already there then the lids will seal to the bare trim-lock. The mcmaster part number is 8722K27. I did this to all of the rear lids on my last Bullet (21RDC) and it worked great!
    Exactly this throw that bulb crap away it's junk. No idea why it's even used to begin with. They actually make an adesive glue for the foam insulation that works much better also.

5. Powerpole1
    Thanks for all the info. I will try this method. Thanks again

6. Powerpole1
    Thanks for all the advise. I appreciate your knowledge and help.

7. Member
    I used this on the rod boxes and the foam listed above on the rear compartments.
    https://www.zoro.com/trim-lok-inc-tr...62/?q=G5120062