Anybody use Castaway Rods?

I have a gift card to Dicks and saw that they carry Castaway skeleton V2 rods. Are the any good?

2. Member
    I have two old Castaway cranking rods that have served me well for many years, these rods have caught a ton of bass and walleye, wish i could fined a few more to buy.

3. Member
    i have an older topwater rod---GREAT rod !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    I have a dozen or more. Mostly older ones and they are very good for the price point. Lost one my newer ones. One of the skeleton, it was a crankbait rod, I really miss it.

5. Member
    Great rods. I have several in different models and actions.

6. Member
    Got one of those Castaway GO2 ML - It's my finesse rod. I have slayed with it.

7. Member
    Only rods I use (not sponsored). I do have a couple of the Invicta which are a bit of higher price point, but have 18 Skeletons or Skeleton V2s and have absolutely no complaints. Some say they are a tad softer in power but it hasn’t bothered me at all.

8. Member
    Got several of the original Castaway 6’ 10 jig/worm rods, and a 7’6 Launcher from the late 90s that have caught many fish over the years. At around $109, these were my first “good” rods. Still use them today, although I now use the 6’10 jig/worm rods mostly just for spinnerbaits. They later came out with their upgraded HG-40 rods, which all snapped like toothpicks as far as I know. Later it was the Skeletons, which I always heard good things about but have never tried.

9. Member
    Sure wished I could find me another Castaway Carolina Rig Heavy CRH 6.8, this is the real deal!

10. Member
    I’ve got that rod but haven’t used in a long time. Let me know if interested.

11. Member
    I have 3 or 4. Their MH power rods seem to be a little more “limber” than other brands I use. Good rods, though.