Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That's sweet! Congrats!!

2. Member
    Awesome setup. Congrats!

3. Member
    Few more interior pics. Picking it up this Friday! I can put a microwave on top of the tall cabinet.

4. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Capri is know in these parts as a "Rodeo" camper. I have traveled many miles in one similar.
    Zero complaints

5. Member
    The Cowboy has arrived. Soon as the weather allows, I'll hook up the boat and give it a weekend trial run.

6. Member
    Looks great! Did you have to do any additions to the suspension?

7. Member
    No additions yet. Capri said it weighted less than 1,000 lbs. I'll take it to the scales so I know for sure. Having never owned or driven with a camper, I'm not sure what to expect. It drives fine, don't feel like it has too much sway. Truck sits down a bit, but not sure if I need to invest in any suspension mods since I'm under my payload which was about 1,300 lbs. I would like to have it perfectly level, but not sure if that really makes sense to spend money on.

8. Member
    Well?? Did you try it?

9. Member
    Have not done an overnight yet. That working 8-5 M-F is getting in the way. Got a short trip planned this weekend to Grand Lake, Ok. Only a 50 min drive, so a good test distance.

I did go ahead and get Firestone Ride Rite air bags. Really glad I did, I feel more confident knowing I have the extra help and it's nice to be able to shoot some air to them and get the rig perfectly level. Needed new tires and upgraded them to a higher load capacity.

I'm on a roll, got a new boat this weekend. Went back to basics with a no frills lightweight boat. I say no frills, it does have two 5" Helix and MK Terrova. Wanted something I could take to smaller lakes, not worry about stumps, running it up on the bank, etc. Barely know I was towing it home Saturday, so it should match up well the camper and not add too much tongue weight. This Crestliner is 16' long but more importantly bottom width is 60". Hard to find a boat with that much bottom width without going to a longer boat.

10. Member
    Livin' the dream! Congrats on both!! Enjoy the total package and let us know what you think about them.
    Last edited by AdamB; 02-21-2018 at 07:27 AM.

11. Member
    Nice. Great set up all around.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

12. Member
    Late to the party, but, very nice. We have had a truck camper since approx '80 (on our 3rd one now) and
    never stay in one spot for long so we really appreciate the mobility that these RV's offer.
    Enjoy !
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

13. Member
    Still no review? I’m guessing he liked it so much he never went back home

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

16. Member
    No review since I can't get the weekend weather to cooperate. And being new at the camping thing, I am discovering most campgrounds like Corp of Engineers are not open until April or May 1st. I will be using it March 23/24 for the Midwest Bass Rally at Grand Lake, Ok. So I'll report back from that adventure.

17. Member
    Got back from the Midwest Rally at Grand yesterday. First time out with the camper and boat. All went well, not major issues. I had a window put into the front of the camper so I could keep the back door open and see out from my truck when launching the boat. Took notes on some minor things I need to bring or do different next time out. I'll be heading to state parks in Arkansas and Oklahoma next. These big lakes are not my kind of fishing.

18. Member
    How was the camper? Quality, watertight, everything work?

19. Member
    Not sure about water tight, it's never been rained on. I keep a tarp on it at the house. Only issue was when I loaded it and had the rig ready to go at the house the smoke/carbon monoxide alarm went off. The frig is a two way, ac/propane. I opened the windows and aired it out. I could smell a propane odor. But it never happened again. I assume it was the first time to use the propane and maybe the frig was striking up the propane and it didn't light the first time or two.

It's a simple camper, not much to go wrong. No water tanks and the sink is a pump sink. I didn't want to fuss with anymore than I needed for weekend get aways. Only minor annoyance is the latch to keep the door open ain't the best in the world. I use a bungee cord when launching.

I've yet to use the ac/heater. I did test it at home. Seems like it will be fairly loud in such a small place, we'll see. I really like the lighting, they put led strips around the inside and a porch light at the top of the door.

20. Member
    Ok now your slacking! You’re in charge of quality control before I buy a camper. I was looking at Capri, they fit the need well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12