Taurus Model 94. 22LR revolver

Anyone have a Taurus Model 94. 22LR revolver?? I bought one used but was never taken out of the box. I got a GREAT DEAL on it.
    I like it a lot and it shoots well. Only problem I am having is how to reduce the trigger pull. I tested it and it shows over 14lbs.
    I have used it as single action for now until I can get that trigger around 6 to 8 lbs. I saw on YOU TUBE a guy ground the spring
    down..BUT, that would void the warranty I am sure. ANYONE have any ideas or hints how to reduce that trigger pull?
    Thanks for and help. OH YEAH.. here is the YOU TUBE video.

The spring kit for a Taurus model 85 also fits that gun. It lightened the trigger pull a noticeable amount on mine. The problem with lightening the springs on a 22 is it will cause light primer strikes occasionally.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/57...urus-73-85-605
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    YES... I read that about the light primer strikes. I know rim fires need a heavier strike. It is worth it to put the spring kit in??
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    YES... I read that about the light primer strikes. I know rim fires need a heavier strike. It is worth it to put the spring kit in??
    Thanks for the reply.
    I say its worth it. One thing you can do to reduce the light primer strikes is take the firing pin out and sharpen it. The end of it is shaped like a chisel, so making it narrower will allow it to penetrate the primer easier.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Thanks Steve.... I ordered the spring set and Midway shipped it already. I like their service and Brownells, too.
    I will look into the firing pin more into a point. I never did anything like that so I will have to
    see what is involved on removing it to sharpen it some.

I appreciate all the input in this as this is my first revolver. I have many autos and it is an easy trigger job on them.

6. Member
    I have one love it. Great handling gun. I trimmed the spring down minute amounts until I got a good feel with ample force. Light strike not an issue other than some pure duds from time to time.