Go Pro assistance

I have had my Go Pro for approx a year now. I have managed to capture some really cool stuff in the limited 1.5 hr battery range. I am contemplating going ahead with a continuous power source. Be it a 10 foot cord from the accessory port (cigarette lighter), or some sort of power a little closer to the mounting locations.

The few questions I have deal with the power itself. Normal situation is when the battery is dead I plug in the transformer in the wall receptacle (110 vlts), then plug GoPro provided USB to Micro USB into the transformer and the camera. That being said, do you need to have a transformer from the boats 12 vlts to the camera? Or, is that built into the camera? Will it over charge, and maybe catch fire? (it is a lithium battery)

If this has been a topic before I apologize for the re-post.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

look up yolotek
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

3. Member
    Yes they are lithium batteries. I keep mine plugged in via a cigarette lighter plug. I use a skeleton case so the cable port is accessible. I also use an old battery because I'm sure it doesn't do it any favors being plugged in all the time.