Vision 110 hook replacement .

What hooks do you switch the originals out too? I know it’s a size 6 and I saw a video of Aaron martens using the Gamakatsu round short shank treble hook. Wanted to make sure I use the correct hooks to where it’s not making the bait sink and not a hook that bends out to easily .

Thanks !!

2. Member
    First, remember the 110 is a slow rise bait, not suspending. A lot of variables here, and we need to know what you want the bait to do, stay slow rise, or suspend? The difference from throwing a stock 110 on flouro and mono is definitely noticeable, so take that into consideration also. For me personally, i have 90% of my 110's setup to suspend, and the other 10% to slow sink, as i'm always throwing the same line so that's not a variable. That's just how i personally like my baits. For me i use a combination A-marts #4 (they run a size small) and KVD short shank #6's, but those are also the only 2 hooks i'll use on a jerkbait. My advice would be get yourself your favorite hooks, find a clear lake, and just start experimenting!

3. Member
    Yes I would be fishing 12lb Fluoro straight and 40 lb braid with a 12-14 lb leader about 4-5 feet long. I’m looking for the bait to suspend or at least act the same . I just don’t want a slow sink or rapid sink, as normal as possible. Should I run #6 hooks for all three ?

4. Member
    A matte finesse trebles ?

5. Member
    For the flouro i'd replace all 3 hooks #4 with a-marts (TGW nano finesse treble is the name on TW). For the braid with leader i can't tell you as i've never thrown a jerk on braid, but i'd try a #6 kvd ss on front and back and a #4 a-mart in the middle. One other thing, i always replace the stock split rings on 110's with hyperwires, i've had waaaaay too many ripped open by big smallies.

6. Member
    Gamakatsu Aaron Martens G-Finesse

I use these in the #6 size on all of my Vision 110's. They do kind of run a size small but in my opinion, the smaller the hooks you can get away with the better your bait will perform. I've experimented with a bunch of different trebles on the Vision 110 and none of the others gave the bait it's natural action like the G-Finesse trebles. Megabass says to use the hooks that come on the bait to give it's best action. I agree with that statement, but the hooks are junk. The G-Finesse trebles are just as good at helping the bait perform correctly. These hooks are incredible too! They're super sharp and they hold up well to big fish. They also come coated in a nano coating that helps the hook penetrate the fish's mouth faster. I would these hooks a 10/10 in an honest rating.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    Gamakatsu Aaron Martens G-Finesse

I use these in the #6 size on all of my Vision 110's. They do kind of run a size small but in my opinion, the smaller the hooks you can get away with the better your bait will perform. I've experimented with a bunch of different trebles on the Vision 110 and none of the others gave the bait it's natural action like the G-Finesse trebles. Megabass says to use the hooks that come on the bait to give it's best action. I agree with that statement, but the hooks are junk. The G-Finesse trebles are just as good at helping the bait perform correctly. These hooks are incredible too! They're super sharp and they hold up well to big fish. They also come coated in a nano coating that helps the hook penetrate the fish's mouth faster. I would these hooks a 10/10 in an honest rating.
    These hooks are fantastic! #6 for the visions

8. Member
    Thanks fellas ! I’ll give those a shot. Appreciate the info as always !

9. Member
    I just buy more katsuage hooks. They are thin wire but are great for holding the fish. A buddy swaps them out for Mustang KVD short shank ones as they don’t seem to interfere with the action of the bait.

And MOsT 110’s are slow rise but they have multiple styles including suspending and now siltent. So make sure you know what you got before you start playing around with them.