Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mine was 10 percent down at ordering.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    I gave my dealer a $60,000 certificate and $10,000 down with my order. Didn't have to, but following the BBC code, I'm almost paying cash.

Friend of mine ordered a new boat @ The KCMO. Boat show ( I think it was 1995) from Rockhill Marine Warsaw Mo. He wrote a check for the full amount. Back then boats were cheap ($32500.00) I was with him when he picked it up. Walked in and told them we were here to pick up his new 395TF Charger. Got all the paperwork and the owner ( Bob) said its out back in the lot. We went in the lot and waited and waited--- no one showed up. Finally took the cover off and the hot foot and cable was just laying on the Floor not hooked up. We stayed and fished Truman for 3 days, They didn't have time to hook the hotfoot up until the last day we were down there.
    Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 01-13-2018 at 07:46 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    I'll most likely be going through Reynolds or Thayer's depending on whether I decide on Triton or Skeeter. Right now leaning toward Triton TRX 20.
    If you do end up going Skeeter give The guys at Hydes Boat and RV in Rexford a call. Half an hour from Albany and Chris is great to deal with.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've bought three new boats, nothing down on two of them. I did put some money down on the other new one to lower my payments.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    True story.... I called a dealer to order a new boat, when we got done negotiating he said I'll need 15 down. I said no problem I'll put a check in the mail tomorrow for $1,500. He then said I didn't mean $1,500, I mean $15,000. I told him dude there's NO WAY I'm sending you $15,000 to order a boat that supposed to be delivered 3mos from now. He tried to laugh it off as a joke. I should have known then he was shady (turns out he was) ....4mos later I had to go to his place and get my downpayment AND my trade-in boat. Be careful not everyone is honest..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS22 View Post
    True story.... I called a dealer to order a new boat, when we got done negotiating he said I'll need 15 down. I said no problem I'll put a check in the mail tomorrow for $1,500. He then said I didn't mean $1,500, I mean $15,000. I told him dude there's NO WAY I'm sending you $15,000 to order a boat that supposed to be delivered 3mos from now. He tried to laugh it off as a joke. I should have known then he was shady (turns out he was) ....4mos later I had to go to his place and get my downpayment AND my trade-in boat. Be careful not everyone is honest..
    I'd hate to be the guy that takes $15,000 and someone on heres bass boat and then tries to cheat them .

I am freaking appalled at all you guys putting money down and financing these toys. WTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12