Central arkansas lakes

Is it just me or does it seem to you guys that the fishing is harder now than it was 25 years ago?

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Everything's harder now than it was 25 years ago. (Well, unless it's supposed to be........)
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    Everything's harder now than it was 25 years ago. (Well, unless it's supposed to be........)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem to you guys that the fishing is harder now than it was 25 years ago?
    Harder as in physically or harder as in not as many fish to be caught?

The lakes get tons of pressure. Tournaments every weekend. Dardy gets no break what so ever..... Nimrod has gone downhill last 3 years, but was pretty good for several....Bl Mt has been good for bass last 10 years but crappie fishing isn't as good as the past........Ouachita hasn't been as good since a lot of the grass was killed out......That's pretty much the only lakes I fish....Ozark Pool is always about the same, up and down..........I catch a lot more fish than years ago but mainly cause I've got more experience and better equipment. Not because there is more fish for sure.

6. Member
    As in as many fish and come to think of it physically also.
    I feel it's the pressure, not sure if AGFC could have done a better job of planning or not?

The lakes definitely get more pressure.

8. Member
    Not sure about saying grass was killed off on Ouachita. It is full of grass now, especially on the east and mid sections of the lake. I do think Ouachita wasn't as good last year as the year before. Maybe because of the wild water levels the last couple of years. Hamilton has been real good the last few years. As others have said there is a ton of pressure now on all of the central lakes.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    I'm excited with what the AGFC is trying to do with Greers Ferry. They have been stocking it with threadfin shad trying to increase the bass population and quality. I have noticed you don't catch as many skinny fish anymore. Maybe in a few years it will be a big bass destination.