Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ordering from Basscat store

I was wanting to buy a couple shirts, but the shipping was 13$ plus for a couple shirts. I didnt see economy shipping(postal).....do they just have fedex shipping? Thank u
    Last edited by Black Haze; 01-11-2018 at 12:08 PM.

2. Member
    Same reason I haven’t ordered from them. The shipping cost is more than I’m willing to pay. Two shirts will easily fit in a $5 flat rate USPS box (and the boxes are free).

3. Member
    Purchased a 19.00 wiring harness, shipping was 17.00. Looked several places locally and ended up having to order from Cat.

Love the boats and customer service, but price of shipping not so much.

4. Member
    I really, really wish they would use USPS or UPS for shipping instead of Fed-Ex. Our local fed-ex drivers are not the best. They seem rude, don't take care of the packages, drive through our neighbor hood's like maniacs, and have spotty equipment. I don't mind paying for good service but can't stand paying for crap. It really is night and day between UPS and Fed Ex in our area. We all love bass cat because of their customer service and family atmosphere along with the excellent product. UPS and its employees seem to be much more aligned with that business model. Again, at least in my area that is. I recently had to put my dog down and my UPS driver was as upset as we were. Relationships are very important to me. I now find myself always trying to ship UPS even if I have to pay more. Rant over, sorry I got off the beaten path here.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

5. Member
    I love my Cat and the service and I order parts when I need them, but if I want merchandise I go to EBay. The shipping is just too high for a hat and t-shirt.

Yes agree... You would think they would at least give the quest members a better deal or if you spend $50 or more for free shipping.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    I really, really wish they would use USPS or UPS for shipping instead of Fed-Ex. Our local fed-ex drivers are not the best. They seem rude, don't take care of the packages, drive through our neighbor hood's like maniacs, and have spotty equipment. I don't mind paying for good service but can't stand paying for crap. It really is night and day between UPS and Fed Ex in our area. We all love bass cat because of their customer service and family atmosphere along with the excellent product. UPS and its employees seem to be much more aligned with that business model. Again, at least in my area that is. I recently had to put my dog down and my UPS driver was as upset as we were. Relationships are very important to me. I now find myself always trying to ship UPS even if I have to pay more. Rant over, sorry I got off the beaten path here.
    Most of the fed ex guys in our area are not even fed ex employees they are lease drivers that wear the uniform. I have a friend that hires a lot of them and they hire often. Mostly it's called fed ex ground

Here's on of the issues.

I learned Ned when I shipped something back to them. They are in a rural area, not a big city. UPS charges a surcharge.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Banned
    Yeppers. Shipping items from BC has become outrageous . 5 dollar set of bushing...16.00 to ship....NOT!!!! Just wait until the holiday season and shipping drops to 5 bucks. Lets hope that doesnt change

10. Bobby8
    You'd think if the surcharge was the issue with UPS, that because of the volume of business BassCat could show, it could be waived or lessened. But of course I am no businessman-just a F-4, F-15 and C-5 crew chief....

Agreed, can't tell you how many times I've shopped it and got all the way to shipping costs and just left the site.
    I understand how outrageous shipping costs have gotten,but for a business they should be able to find some relief from shipping companies.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

12. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Here's on of the issues.

I learned Ned when I shipped something back to them. They are in a rural area, not a big city. UPS charges a surcharge.
    this plus they only use FedEx. Call directly to parts they might be able to get it shipped cheaper
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

13. Member
    I called to order carpet for my boat and the shipping cost was almost the same as the carpet. I ended up driving and leaving the boat with an employee to get the carpet installed. Cant wait to see it! Saving on the shipping offset the cost of having my carpet job done here. And that was a 7.5 hour drive one way. Waiting on the call that my boat is ready for pickup almost has me feeling like I am waiting on a new boat.

14. Member
    Post some pics of the new carpet when its done. This is a project I have on my to do list.

I can spend some ca$h in their store but at some reasonable point shipping should be free, hell it is just about everywhere else I shop on line!
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by rnorman35 View Post
    I called to order carpet for my boat and the shipping cost was almost the same as the carpet. I ended up driving and leaving the boat with an employee to get the carpet installed. Cant wait to see it! Saving on the shipping offset the cost of having my carpet job done here. And that was a 7.5 hour drive one way. Waiting on the call that my boat is ready for pickup almost has me feeling like I am waiting on a new boat.
    Hoping I understand correctly. You had the new carpet installed by the BCB factory? Hoping so. I have no decent carpet installers around my area.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Yes, they have some individuals at the factory who do installs in the evenings and weekends at their own shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Yes, they have some individuals at the factory who do installs in the evenings and weekends at their own shops.
    You have made me a very happy man. Who would I contact for information on the individuals who do carpet?
    May make it a dual purpose trip and pick up some new bunks while I’m there. And get a factory tour.
    I miss coming to Mountain Home since my son left Eaton Corp.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

19. Member
    I agree the shipping is high when ordering from the BCB store.
    I don't know what requirements Fed-ex has for a more standard shipping rate.
    Personally, as others have stated, I hate fed ex. Half the time they drop off my items at the post office to avoid driving to my home.
    UPS always delivers to my front door.
    With that said, having the luxury of getting anything I need for my boat without having to go thru a dealer out weighs the shipping costs.
    Bass fishing isn't a necessity, its a WANT, a luxury. Its my passion. If I need a new windshield, I will pay the shipping without hesitation.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    BCB should use usps flat rate for sure to help online sales.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast