Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    You can tell by my name I switched boat brands. Although shipping may be high they got the best parts store of any brand
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    Same reason I haven’t ordered from them. The shipping cost is more than I’m willing to pay. Two shirts will easily fit in a $5 flat rate USPS box (and the boxes are free).
    I swear those boxes have gotten smaller. There are no $5 boxes anymore. The tiny one is $6.25 and might fit a couple, three crankbaits. The medium is $12 and change. Shipping charges went up when oil spiked years ago and has never dropped. I just put stuff in the wish list or shopping list what ever it is called and order everything when I NEED something or have a big enough order.

Another note, Fedex GROUND are normally contract employees, not true Fedex employees. You have to do Fedex 2-day or faster delivery for them.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I totally agree. When I got my boat a few months ago I got on the store site and bought a trailer dust cap to protect the brake fluid access and a few other cheap and small things. I should have gone ahead and ordered extras of everything while I was at it after seeing shipping costs.

BCB does run a free shipping special around Christmas. Unless it's a "must have" item, I just wait until Christmas time, and make a bulk order. Otherwise, USPS flat rate would be a possibility to cut shipping costs. Just don't be in a hurry. USPS doesn't set any speed records when it comes to delivery times. No biggie to me. I get it, when I get it. Still no better folks to deal with day in and day out.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that we at Bass Cat hear you and we're looking into our options on shipping your orders. We realize that we've all been spoiled by Tackle Warehouse and their $5 2nd Day Air shipping, I know I have. While Bass Cat doesn't ship anywhere near the volume that TW does, we recognize that is the standard in the fishing industry today.

Several posts here mention USPS as an option. Priority Mail will work for some of our smaller items, but the majority of what we ship out will be in a Medium or Large Flat Rate box. By the time we add insurance for the contents value on top of the $13.60 or $18.85, we are at or above Fedex or UPS rates.

Other posts say that Fedex in their area is horrible and we should switch to UPS. When we ran everything through UPS, we had the same complaints about UPS being horrible and we should switch to Fedex. LOL. Not an easy battle to win there.

Please be patient and keep an eye out for new shipping options in the near future from Basscatstore.com.

Thank you to everyone for your business and your support of Bass Cat Boats.

-Kevin Short

Shipping on small items has put me off too...must be shipping plus "handling" coasts

Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Shipping on small items has put me off too...must be shipping plus "handling" coasts
    Yep me to. I ordered a new power pedestal and life jacket the other day. Cost $13 to ship no problem. I had my BCB beanie blow out of the boat yesterday. Got online to order a new one. Beanie $15 shipping $13.

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Short View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that we at Bass Cat hear you and we're looking into our options on shipping your orders. We realize that we've all been spoiled by Tackle Warehouse and their $5 2nd Day Air shipping, I know I have. While Bass Cat doesn't ship anywhere near the volume that TW does, we recognize that is the standard in the fishing industry today.

Several posts here mention USPS as an option. Priority Mail will work for some of our smaller items, but the majority of what we ship out will be in a Medium or Large Flat Rate box. By the time we add insurance for the contents value on top of the $13.60 or $18.85, we are at or above Fedex or UPS rates.

Other posts say that Fedex in their area is horrible and we should switch to UPS. When we ran everything through UPS, we had the same complaints about UPS being horrible and we should switch to Fedex. LOL. Not an easy battle to win there.

Please be patient and keep an eye out for new shipping options in the near future from Basscatstore.com.

Thank you to everyone for your business and your support of Bass Cat Boats.

-Kevin Short
    Thanks for the info Kevin. Shipping has been high of late, but I still order stuff, from BCB, I know I'm getting quality!
    Last edited by billius; 01-14-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I know I am beating a dead horse... but case in point.

dustcap.jpg
    Kyle Smith
    Texas Boat Works, Fort Worth, TX
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 (Deleted)
    2011 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Pro XS
    BASB08005G011 / SN: 2B017333

10. Bobby8
    Thanks Kevin for taking the time to input.

We understand freight being an issue. We also understand ordering a $2.95 part is a freight trade off. We also understand the amount shown was inoridnarily expensive in comparison to the plastic cover. There are other examples we also know. This has our attention and we want to be clear that we once had lesser freight and lost our tails in parts briefly thinking people would order more. What happened then was people ordered that $2.95 parts and we lost $2.95 on freight costs.

We do understand a compromise and this has us reviewing our costs and customers costs.

I think if you find a range that works for all...spend, $50, $75, $100 whatever and you get free shipping you can expect to sell a lot more because most will add to the order to get too the free shipping level....you could always exempt large costly items to ship and note that when someone is ordering them.

Bring in the competition to quote on the Fed Ex rates couldn't hurt.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by 95202DCX View Post
    I think if you find a range that works for all...spend, $50, $75, $100 whatever and you get free shipping you can expect to sell a lot more because most will add to the order to get too the free shipping level....you could always exempt large costly items to ship and note that when someone is ordering them.

Bring in the competition to quote on the Fed Ex rates couldn't hurt.
    ^^^^ This, example when ordering from Tackle Warehouse I am looking for items to get me to that 50.00 mark,and would also probably do the same at your store.^^^^
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

14. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Kevin and BCB, thanks for responding.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

15. Member
    Was going to order the net for the Caracal until I seen shipping was half the cost of the net.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

16. Member
    I order often. Well my wife does for me.
    At times it seemed excessive. other times a deal.
    I have paid 10.00 shipping for the live well screen, but only 50.00 for a full set (4 ea.) of wheels.
    I believe the only items that could be possibly standardized (more easily) is clothing.
    I have also purchased an item I needed, only to find the shipping high. I than added more items I WANTED, but made sure the shipping stayed the same.
    Got more for my shipping cost.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    I would like to add that although there seems to be a common theme that we all have an issue with the shipping and we are griping a bit, I really appreciate that Bass Cat takes the time to have such a good parts/clothing/accessories web site. IF you need it for your boat you can get it and that cannot be said with very many other boat manufacturers. I have ordered just about anything you can think of from the sight and will continue to do so. Just wouldn't mind a couple of shipping options so we could pick our poison.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

18. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    I would like to add that although there seems to be a common theme that we all have an issue with the shipping and we are griping a bit, I really appreciate that Bass Cat takes the time to have such a good parts/clothing/accessories web site. IF you need it for your boat you can get it and that cannot be said with very many other boat manufacturers. I have ordered just about anything you can think of from the sight and will continue to do so. Just wouldn't mind a couple of shipping options so we could pick our poison.
    I second the above!!

Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    +3

20. Member
    I have to order parts for our business and ship them as well so I understand both sides of what BCB and their customers are saying here. When I make a order I always try to make the order justify the shipping cost. BCB and any other business cannot control the rates that shippers charge be it UPS, Fedex, USPS or DHL. It is just the nature of the beast.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast