Exclamation 1993 javelin 379t Evenrude 150

Can anyone fill me in on javelin bass boats? I am about to buy one, it looks to be in great shape but I haven't had any experience with javelin boats or Evenrude engines. just wanting to know the goods and the bads before I drop 4k on this thing.
    Last edited by bcreech1996@yahoo.com; 01-11-2018 at 09:07 AM.

2. Member
    I had a 95 379T w/a 150 faststrike, really loved that boat. Low to mid 60' possible depending on prop and setup.

Make sure floors and the transom are solid and the motor checks out. great boat!

3. Member
    THANKS MAN. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETIING IT IM GOING TO CHECK IT OUT REALLY GOOD BEFORE I PULL THE TRIGGER ON IT.

4. Member
    I've got a 1993 Javelin 379t with the 150 Johnson. I've been very pleased with it. Just look it over real good like you said. Also with a boat that old you're going to want to make sure the trailer is in good shape. I've only had to do small little things on mine like shift and throttle cables

Does that have the Evinrude Intruder by chance?
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    Does that have the Evinrude Intruder by chance?
    I think I know where your're going with that questions. Wasn't 93 the year of the "hot heads" that were closer to 200 hp but was labeled 150.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I think I know where your're going with that questions. Wasn't 93 the year of the "hot heads" that were closer to 200 hp but was labeled 150.
    Believe that was '92... I had a '93 (Fast Strike) that did not have the hot heads (I guess they could have been swapped out). In any case, you can send stock heads to Monty Racing in FLA and he can cut them down and re-shape the combustion chamber which makes them very similar to hot heads.

Oh and to the OP, if it's clean and in good running order, 4K is a good deal!!! Great engines and the mid-90's Stratos/Javs are awesome boats!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Believe that was '92... I had a '93 (Fast Strike) that did not have the hot heads (I guess they could have been swapped out). In any case, you can send stock heads to Monty Racing in FLA and he can cut them down and re-shape the combustion chamber which makes them very similar to hot heads.

Oh and to the OP, if it's clean and in good running order, 4K is a good deal!!! Great engines and the mid-90's Stratos/Javs are awesome boats!
    I knew it was early 90's but I could not recall the exact year...and I agree 4K is a good price if its structurally sound and the motor runs good. It won't last long at that price once spring gets here.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    1991 was the year of the "hot" heads, 335195 there was a voluntary recall sent out. Recall was to swap the heads out, once folks found out about the performance hit the owners didn't go in to get it done.

10. Member
    like the others have said if it is structurally sound you will like the boat and when set up right there a blast to drive.good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"