Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rigging tube rubbing splashwell

I have a 619 and the rigging tube is rubbing the fiberglass raw in the splashwell. Is this a known / common problem on this model? If anyone else has dealt with this, I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to keep the problem from getting worse.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Some come from the factory too long. Mine split at the motor. Going to have it shortened and re-attached.

3. Member
    Mine split at the motor. Cut the end off and re-attach and now it works great.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Bob G's pool boy
    Get some high quality non-skid, possibly from the factory. Cut it carefully into a shape that looks like it belongs there, and put it in the spot where it rubs. I have actually traced the logo of the boat company before. It works great and looks like it belongs there.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

5. Member
    I made mine a little shorter, it was to long and was hitting when trimmed up to trailer down the road

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have a 619 and mine rubs in the splashwell also.....i have yet to do anything about it....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    i got a 3M Velcro kit (3 x 3") and used the soft side. i used 3 pieces and placed them when the rigging tub rubs. Does not look bad and is non gripping dry or wet.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

8. Banned
    pull it off at the motor and cut it shorter, mine split there and I shortened it and its better now and has not re split

remove the engine cover and youll see a few metric bolts pretty easy peasy to remove the plastic end that mounts it and cut it shorter then put it back together

9. Member
    I’m surprised they let them leave the factory like that. Shortening the rigging tube was my first reaction too. Was looking for something to hide the ugly of the rash that’s already there. 3M makes an 8 mil paint protection film, but it only comes in clear and black. Thanks for the responses.

You can screw it in a little to shorten it. I did that plus installed 3m clear coat. The stuff people put on the front of Corvettes to prevent chips.
    I found a small piece on Amazon.
    The stuff is invisible. And works great.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    My 721 is doing the same thing when trimmed up so I will have to try shorting up the rigging tube as well.......... Thanks guys !!!

12. Member
    I took off the mount at the motor but can’t get tubing out of mount
    what am I doing wrong

13. Banned
    I will be having the marina put this product in before I take the boat home. I have used it before and it works fantastic

https://www.vantageprotectionproducts.com/

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    My 721 looks the same.

Wow. Same on mine. I thought it was from the boat bling I used and maybe didn’t wipe it all the way off a few times. Mine will be an easy fix since I have a gel boat but this is a serious problem by Phoenix. Why are they making so many mistakes and issues like this?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wcookieman View Post
    I took off the mount at the motor but can’t get tubing out of mount
    what am I doing wrong
    It kind of screws out, your going to cut it to shorten it anyways so it doesnt matter how you get it out.. I did mine short enough that I can trim all the way up and not have it bend a lot, I took out 7-8"

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxcvbnm View Post
    Wow. Same on mine. I thought it was from the boat bling I used and maybe didn’t wipe it all the way off a few times. Mine will be an easy fix since I have a gel boat but this is a serious problem by Phoenix. Why are they making so many mistakes and issues like this?
    Its just attention to detail... Trust me if I told you how many things Ive changed on my boat that I would think would be dealer work its mind blowing

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Happens on every boat brand
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Yea my Triton did the same. I have a "zip up" sleeve on order and I'll add the black stick on stuff there.

I don’t know if it’s just me or what but the original post said the tube has rubbed his fiberglass “raw”! Mine is the same way...cutting the tube shorter is needed but doesn’t fix the fiberglass repair problem. I’ve never seen this on another boat before. Like I said my boat is gel so that will be an easier repair then those with flake but this is a pretty serious qc issue in my mind. I’ll probably have my dealer fix it now that I know it’s a Phoenix problem and not my fault.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast