Kentucky lake lodging.

My bass club will be fishing Kentucky Lake out of Kenlake the second week of June. Which is better to stay at? FIN and Feather or the Early American Motel? There will be 2 of us with a bass boat apiece. Thanks.

2. Member
    Both are about the same. Next door to each other.

3. Member
    Both are not the best imo.. ive stayed in both and had bad experiences both times. Id stay a lil farther away at belair or there are others.

4. Member
    Sportsman lodge not bad just a little more expensive

5. Member
    I stay at fin and feather all the time. Frank and dawn are great people I've never had a problem there at all.

I have an RV in the campground next to Fin & Feather. Several folks in our campground have put out of town guests up there and have always had good luck.

Never had a problem at Early American. Not the Waldorf but fine for a couple of fishermen. Can walk to Willow Pond��

8. Member
    Stay at kenlake, it's nice

9. Banned
    I've stayed at Early American, yuck. If what other guy said is true about it being the same as Fin n Feather then I would skip it too. The lodge at the state park costs more, but there's a reason.

10. Member
    Check listings on the VRBO site. We have rented a house for the last three years for about what a room at Kenlake would cost & it had a garage to back our boat in.

11. Member
    I stayed at Early American last spring and didn’t have a problem with it. It’s an old hole in the wall motel for fishermen so that’s what you should expect. The only downside was the boat parking. You back up into the grass wherever you can fit and it doesn’t drain well. It rained a lot while we were there and it got a little swampy.

12. Member
    Always had fine stays at fin and feather stayed there 3-4 times. They have a newer cabin perfect for 2 guys and u can park the boat right next to the cabin.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    The wife and I stayed at the Early American last spring. I thought it was fine, but what was more telling is my wife thought it was fine. She is very picky about where we stay, so it did pass her inspection. As someone said, boat parking isn't great, but not too bad. I was able to keep my truck and boat on the gravel drive for the 4 days we were there.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.