Places to stay Jasper area

I am going to be fishing the FLW Costa on Rayburn in February (Co-Angler). What are some good places to stay in the Jasper area?

thanks

2. Member
    Ive stayed at Best Western in Jasper many times while fishing co-angler on Ram Open Series. Nice little restaurant next door too. Takes about 15min max to get to Humphrey Pavilion in the mornings.

3. Member
    The closest places will be bass buster inn and rayburn country resort but they may be booked up already. The best western in jasper would be the next closest.

4. Member
    Jasper County has bed and breakfast just don't drop the soap

Check out houses for rent, and find some buddies.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The closest places will be bass buster inn and rayburn country resort but they may be booked up already. The best western in jasper would be the next closest.
    Bass Buster has been renamed Rayburn Inn. New owners and remodeled ...
    https://www.rayburninn.com/

7. Member
    Thanks for all of the replies Rayburn Inn is all booked. Looking at the Super 8 in Jasper Anybody stayed there?

I have stayed there, its nice.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

My dad and I have stayed at the Super 8 when we were co-anglers in an Open and a couple of times when we fished the Bass Cat Owners Invitational. No problems. Plenty of room for backing boat up to curb in front of room and plugging in chargers. We took our rods in at night and would suggest the same for sure. Dad fished an Oilman's tournament one year and stayed at Rayburn Country. Five boats in a row were broken into and all rods were stolen.

Jim Ebarb
    Many, LA (Toledo Bend Lake)
    2004 BassCat Cougar/ 225 Optimax

Humminbird Helix 12 Mega SI on Ram Mount and Lowrance HDS 8 in dash at console
    Humminbird Helix 12 Mega DI on Balzout mount and Lowrance HDS 7 at the bow

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Bass Buster has been renamed Rayburn Inn. New owners and remodeled ...
    https://www.rayburninn.com/

Yea, I couldn't remeber if they renamed it. The driveway is way better.

11. Member
    No matter where you stay, take the graphs off and rods out. It's not like it's really bad around here but they know when bigger tournaments are around and they will hit a few boats. Usually the easy ones so I always cover the boat and lock the lids.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    No matter where you stay, take the graphs off and rods out. It's not like it's really bad around here but they know when bigger tournaments are around and they will hit a few boats. Usually the easy ones so I always cover the boat and lock the lids.
    Yep. Dad did have the cover on his boat and the lids locked. When he went outside the next morning the cover was not strapped down and he knew something was wrong. When he took the cover off the rod locker had been pried open and the arms on the locks were bent. I had a loc-r-bar on my last boat but I have seen how even those don’t stop a theif. Best thing is to spend the extra few minutes taking the stuff into the room. And no, it’s not bad and it’s not just on Rayburn. Toledo Bend has it’s fair share of theives and like you said they know when tournaments are in town.

13. Member
    It's everywhere now days. Just like you said, I take my stuff out when I'm staying in a public place. I also have an alarm on every lid I set no matter what