Loose power pole joints

I recently bought a boat with 8 ft poles and was looking them over. Are the poles suppose to be a little loose or should I tighten them up a little?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You want your bolts to be snug , pivot bolts should be tightened so bolts are even with no threads showing. If this doesnt snug them up then a rebuild kit may be in order. Poles should be checked and bolts gone over every 100 cycles, over tightening or not checking can cause premature bushing wear..
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-10-2018 at 09:09 AM.

3. Member
    I have quick question k and k what comes in the rebuild kit? and how much is the kit?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter412 View Post
    I have quick question k and k what comes in the rebuild kit? and how much is the kit?
    Comes with all new bolts , washers and nuts new bushings, spacers, and also comes with the spreader tool to make removing the channels easier, instructions as well.. Pm sent on price

5. Member
    Call power pole, they will send you a free rebuild kit. They sent me 2 for mine. Mine are under warranty though.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    Call power pole, they will send you a free rebuild kit. They sent me 2 for mine. Mine are under warranty though.
    I called PP customer service after noticing my PP had what I described at some play in it after tightening up the bolts. They sent me a rebuild kit with all mentioned above. I told them the boat was bought used and I was not the original buyer of the PP. They sent them anyway free of charge. I replaced them easily using the instructions included and it corrected my issue. Great customer service!

I have 12' talons on a different boat now only because I wanted to hold in a little deeper water and my champion doesn't have enough room in battery area with 4 batteries, oil tank and 4 bank charger. I didn't want to put pumps in storage compartment. Coach