Thread: us2 on a fortex

us2 on a fortex

don't really under stand this.......I have one on my fortrex but what does it actually do.? really don't see anything hooked to it. I also have a h/7 gps up front . ( all from previous owner)

2. Member
    It only provides 2D 83/200khz. You would need an adapter cable to connect it. If your h/7 is one of the imaging models, then probably was never connected because it can't provide imaging sonar or they had an externally mounted transducer on the TM.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

It only shows 2-D sonar and temp. There's a small cable that attaches to an adapter and then to your HDS 7. It will not give you down scan or side scan. You'll have to go to an HDI 7 and add the additional transducer for that !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    don't really under stand this.......I have one on my fortrex but what does it actually do.? really don't see anything hooked to it. I also have a h/7 gps up front . ( all from previous owner)
    Do you have an external transducer on the Fortrex also. If not, look coming out of the front of the footpedal and you'll see a transducer cable. It should go to a silver "barrel" connection that will be connected to an adapter, then to the depth finder. As already said, it provides sonar only without having to run an external transducer. If you have an external transducer, then it probably isn't connected and just along for the ride.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

if i remember right there's 2 ducers on my t/m prop head, 1 for the h7 and then there's a puck style type also.

6. Member
    If you have the US2, you should have one that is built in, a round puck style in the front end bell of the trolling motor. Anything else will be an add on.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]