Thread: Maxxum vs. edge

Maxxum vs. edge

Will a edge trolling motor mount into a maxxum mount?

2. Member
    If you are talking about the holes lining up, yes they should. I just made the opposite switch from edge to maxxum and the 4 holes lined up perfectly although I put an extra 2 in for added security.

3. Member
    As said above, the holes will line up with the mount. If you're talking about replacing the trolling motor only, the Edge foot controlled will go in the bowguard for the Maxxum foot controlled.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thanks for quick response. I have a 12v maxxum and would like to upgrade to a 24v. If I can find a good deal I’ll get another maxxum but the edge would work just fine for me.

5. Member
    How big is your boat? Don't want to tell you what to do, but if you fish more than a couple times per year, do everything you can to get a 24v maxxum with the the full dial instead of the 5 speed. The edge is a really poor design made with cheaper materials. Those aren't too cheap, but they break. I got w used 80lb maxxum on here and it's SO much better than the edge. Biggest problem with the edge other than breakage 5 speed dial. With a 3 mph breeze steps 1-3 don't do anything. Step 4 works ok and step 5 will knock you out of the boat. Batteries also last longer with the maxxum.

6. Member
    17ft Cajun special. If I can get a good deal on a used maxxum I will go that route for sure. Just don’t want to spend a bunch when I plan on getting a new Boat in the next year or so.

7. Member
    Makes sense. Good luck with the search.