Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I read that with JM group buying Legend they moved all the Legend Pro staff into NON Legend boats. No tour pros will run Legend except for one who will remain in their 2017 for the 2018 season. Chris McCall will use his 2017 Legend, Fred Roumbanis will be in a Triton. Jordan Lee, Matt Lee, Jacob Wheeler, and Scott Ashmore will be in Rangers. Stetson Blaylock, Chris Lane, and Fletcher Shryock will be in Nitro. Wonder why they have nobody in a Legend????????

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by laposta28 View Post
    I read that with JM group buying Legend they moved all the Legend Pro staff into NON Legend boats. No tour pros will run Legend except for one who will remain in their 2017 for the 2018 season. Chris McCall will use his 2017 Legend, Fred Roumbanis will be in a Triton. Jordan Lee, Matt Lee, Jacob Wheeler, and Scott Ashmore will be in Rangers. Stetson Blaylock, Chris Lane, and Fletcher Shryock will be in Nitro. Wonder why they have nobody in a Legend????????
    Looks like Legend is going the way of Stratos.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laposta28 View Post
    Wheeler will be in a Triton not Ranger, as for the Lee's, Blaylock, Shryock and Ashmore I'm not sure but the others listed are correct.

any one will sell anything for a big enough check believe me

5. Banned
    report was they simply couldn't get the pro staff boats done in time due to the shutdown for expansion

With the White River Marine Group’s acquisition of Legend Boats last August, the decision was made to reassign members of the Legend pro staff to other brands under the White River umbrella. While FLW Tour angler Chris McCall has opted to compete out of his 2017 Legend this season, here’s where everyone else landed for 2018:
    > Triton: Fred Roumbanis, Jacob Wheeler
    > Ranger: Jordan Lee, Matt Lee, Scott Ashmore
    > Nitro: Stetson Blaylock, Chris Lane, Fletcher Shryock

here is the thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=870881

and jacobs boat

6. Banned
    Nothing puts confidence in your brand like switching all your pro's to other brands... go figure that one out what... a... cluster

7. Member
    This is direct info from the horse's mouth. The real reason Legend dropped their Pro Staff (according to them) was that they weren't getting a return on their investment from the Pro's. They may have tried to push those guys into other White River boats but the reality is for many of them it just worked out that way. A few were definitely going to go elsewhere but because of their individual motor deals they were restricted to certain companies. For example, a lot of those guys were with Mercury which has a really good program for their top level pro's. Those guys couldn't go to Skeeter because of the whole Yamaha thing. This only really left Phoenix, Basscat and the other White River brands. Phoenix is so busy and can't build boats fast enough so giving an extremely heavily discounted boat to another Pro doesn't make sense because they already have more business than they could handle. I can't speak for Basscat but I think when it came down to it the other brands in the White River group were the only options left. Trust me, when the Legend thing went down, these guys weren't trying to stay loyal to WR unless of course if they already had a big money deal with bass pro shops or cabelas.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    To be fair, Nitro boat quality has only improved since he bought them
    , the new Nitros look very tempting

, and I also noticed over the weekend at the Raleigh boat show, Pheonix has went up in price on average around $10K, that was getting alot of talkj , since I knew 2 that bought thier rig brand new in 2017
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    report was they simply couldn't get the pro staff boats done in time due to the shutdown for expansion

With the White River Marine Group’s acquisition of Legend Boats last August, the decision was made to reassign members of the Legend pro staff to other brands under the White River umbrella. While FLW Tour angler Chris McCall has opted to compete out of his 2017 Legend this season, here’s where everyone else landed for 2018:
    > Triton: Fred Roumbanis, Jacob Wheeler
    > Ranger: Jordan Lee, Matt Lee, Scott Ashmore
    > Nitro: Stetson Blaylock, Chris Lane, Fletcher Shryock

here is the thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=870881

and jacobs boat

Just saw they also moved Mike McClelland over to Ranger

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Just saw they also moved Mike McClelland over to Ranger
    About time. I guess that Stratos is all but dead.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl1966 View Post
    , the new Nitros look very tempting

, and I also noticed over the weekend at the Raleigh boat show, Pheonix has went up in price on average around $10K, that was getting alot of talkj , since I knew 2 that bought thier rig brand new in 2017
    I think the boat they had there was a 20PHX. That boat is new for 2018, so they couldn't have been comparing apples for apples between a 2017 and 2018. They still have their 721 that was new in 2017 for $56,995.00 with poles and such. The dealer just didn't have one to take to the show because they are so far behind in production, is what he told me.

12. Member
    Welp just heard Johnny bought um!

Johnny bought Phoenix???
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Source?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

15. Banned
    Ruh roh!

16. Member
    Don't keep us in the dark !!! You have a source or just rumors???

17. Member
    I heard a bullet with a 250 sho was the fastest boat from 40-60 mph... But it was never proven.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 01-17-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    I heard a bullet with a 250 sho was the fastest boat from 40-60 mph... But it was never proven.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

19. Member
    Someone may be buying Phoenix, but I doubt it is JM. He has more bass boat brands than he currently knows what to do with.

Enjoy your rigs and the great people behind them guys!

Buy into the hype (they're that good) that is Phoenix, everything else is just fake news!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast