Boat and Prop security for a road trip

I am heading to Florida and fishing (co anglers) the BASS open on the Kissimmee chain. I am bringing my boat and it will be left at the condo for a couple of days while we are fishing. I have a lock-r-bar and a hitch/coupler lock. The boat will be in a relatively safe place but......I like to take extra precautions. Is there a boot style prop lock? Also if anyone uses a baby monitor at night for the boat which ones have a long enough range to be useful in this situation. Any other tips will be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

mcgard.com..........propeller lock

Just take the prop off. Takes a minute or two
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I have a loc-r-bar as well and getting one on new boat and won’t go with out one. Nice for pits stops etc but overnight I take 15 mins at night and morning and take my gear inside. Yes it’s insured but would hate to replace it
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Get a $20 Driveway alarm from Harbor Freight, one unit on the deck pointed fore or aft and receiver in your room. Good for 400 ft and it's loud. I have PVC "Tees" that hold my cover up and put a screw on one end to mount the alarm unit.

6. Member
    Another item concerns the Lock-R-Bar, guess you have read about people using your bow winch to spring/bend this device. Drill a small hole inside the gear ring on the winch and put a quality lock on the winch so that it can't be turned.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Another item concerns the Lock-R-Bar, guess you have read about people using your bow winch to spring/bend this device. Drill a small hole inside the gear ring on the winch and put a quality lock on the winch so that it can't be turned.
    That is a myth and has been disproved. Look it up.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    this rumor will never go away! Dumbest thing ever just cut the lock! Fiberglass company tried this and it does not work but people keep “hearing”
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    I have never had a prop come up missing using one of these.

Add a Lock R Bar and you're about as protected as one can get. I always take my electronics off to be safe and trow a cover over the boat to keep prying eyes out.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    This is the way to go. ^^^^