Bravo on a 198 PTP?

Just looking for a good place to start. T-1 ran best at 3". Heard that Bravo's like to run a little higher than most.

2. Banned
    I ran mine as shallow as 2 1/2” but my steering torque was horrible, I had to hold both hands on the wheel with a grip. I finally settled on 3 1/2” because mine handles best there. You should prob try around 3”-3 1/4”.

you have a Yamaha? If so, it might be different.

3. Member
    Thanks Grout, was looking for some real world experience.

4. Member
    I'm running a 26 Bravo1 XS @ 2-1/4" below the pad. I've run it as high as 1-3/4" below but have settled a 2-1/4" below.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I ran mine as shallow as 2 1/2” but my steering torque was horrible, I had to hold both hands on the wheel with a grip. I finally settled on 3 1/2” because mine handles best there. You should prob try around 3”-3 1/4”.
    Mike, I do not recall any steering torque with my hydraulic steering. With all the different props, heights I've run....no torque with the 198 and 225 Optimax.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    Mike, I do not recall any steering torque with my hydraulic steering. With all the different props, heights I've run....no torque with the 198 and 225 Optimax.

My boat seems to be weird about everything. I first thought the system needed bleeding and it helped a little; but still had a healthy dose of torque. I think I got a made on Monday boat.

Def. use Ed’s # for a reference, his is normal.