Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    A lot of people defend it in a sense for the overall aspect of the game. I hate it for the young kids who have spent their lives sacrificing their bodies and time. Calls a missed all the time and I did not care who won last night. With that said, why do officials never publicly suffer a consequence? I am not into ruining peoples professions and could do not better, however, there has to be a price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Both teams had 6 penalties called against them...6-41 against Bama and 6-65 against UGA... Still cracks me up when this argument is used..
    Exactly everyone's point. GA played clean, AL played dirty as sh$t and yet they were called for the same number of penalties. Just marred what should have been a great game.

However, AL outplayed GA in the 4th when it mattered (after the refs kept them in it for 3 quarters when they were outplayed). Smart move by Saban to swap QBs, that also changed the game, and must have been a tough decision, but Tau looks a LOT better than Hurts imo
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Both teams had 6 penalties called against them...6-41 against Bama and 6-65 against UGA... Still cracks me up when this argument is used..
    Can't see the logic in your argument. If team A commits 12 penalties and is flagged 6 times while team B commits 24 penalties and is flagged 6 times then the non-calls favor (and likely benefit) team B.

Well, Bama fans, it's your turn. I didn't watch the game but from the posted video it looks like Bama got several favors that swayed the game. If you are gonna make your argument credible then post up your videos so we can all judge for ourselves.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    That's funny! And true.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

6. Banned
    Roll Tide!

7. Member
    Well you have a couple choices to stop all this either put let's say for the sake of argument 15 refs out there or have no refs at all and let them play. It's a game played by humans coached by humans watched by humans and officiated by humans. And guess what? Humans make mistakes!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnolen View Post
    You know its funny. Y'all want to say the refs won it. Well Georgia wouldn't have had a touchdown if the refs did right. When you step out you are out. But I would expect nothing less.
    Refs didnt miss that call, it was reviewed and not over turned. The missed calls were all non reviewable, Hmmmmmm go figure

8 more months till it starts all over again

See, Big 10 did have an important team in the National Championship.....
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    3... they just missed the block in the back/hold that sprung the QB on that scramble
    5. They missed TWO defensive pass interference/holding calls against Georgia. One on the Ridley play where Najee Harris was getting mauled in the back of the end zone. Refs were not that good, but they certainly were not biased in their missed calls.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenn.todd View Post
    Has Alabama ever been called for holding more than the other team in a close game?
    Something tells me you have no clue what holding is. You should read the rules. You can grab the opponent's jersey so long as your hands remain inside your shoulders and you don't tackle the opposing player. Everybody is taught to play to the way the rule has been defined over the years. Technically you can even wrap your arms around your opponent if he does not try to escape. IE he can't just stand there and expect to get a call.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Sorry Matt but these were in the refs faces.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...nship-facemask
    Bama fans, we are still waiting on your proof that Bama got a bunch of bad calls. This post pretty much confirms that Georgia got hosed on numerous calls so now is your chance for a rebuttal.

14. Banned
    As I said before, with no Big 10 representation the refs were simply not interested. Y'all got what you asked for so stop whining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12