Thread: Older cats

Older cats

Looking at trying to find older cat. Have found a couple but they have soft spots in floor under console and around drains.is that a sign of bad stringers or abuse( sitting uncovered)transom seem solid . or is that a common problem with older cats?
    Thanks

ive got a 99 and no issues whatsoever with soft spots. just saw an older jaguar on craigslist without a motor somewhere near appleton WI for sale at $6500 that looked pretty decent.

3. Member
    How old are you looking?? Its pretty common on all boats before they got rid of the wood in them.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I don't know that a soft floor is more prevalent in an old BassCat as opposed to any other brand that is old. If a boat that has wood in it has been well cared for it will be as solid as when it was new. Just have to shop around I guess. I had a Venture that was 18 years old when I traded it. There were no soft spots at all, it was a garage kept boat and well maintained though.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I have a '91 Sabre. There are no weak spots in floor or around drain. However it has been garage kept its whole life.

6. Member
    I am currently replacing the floor around the floor drain and under driver's console in my 95 Pantera 2. My stringers are solid and foam is dry. Former owner stored it outside and had a hotfoot that was the main soft spot.

my 95 had soft floors, the stringers are fine, the bottoms of my floors were not sealed with epoxy but they are now

yea have a 93 and just started feeling a soft spot by the console.

9. Member
    I have a 98 Jaguar and there is not a soft spot to be found anywhere.

That the area just right of the floor drain can get fatigue in the floor, occurring from the steps you take from the cockpit. This then causes other issues if not tended to when that area fatigues. If one addresses it as soon as the fatigue sets in then you are no issues.