Gator Outfitters

I saw that Gator Outfitters closed in Houma. Anyone know what happened? I thought he had a great store with a good selection of tackle, especially soft plastics.

2. Member
    Independent owned tackle shops have a hard time competing with academy or others.. gotta have the perfect everything-stock, location, customer base....

ive always wanted to do one, came close more than once...

If you're looking for a great locally owned shop go check out Prime Time tackle. Just opened with great owners.
    James Simmons (985)870-0201
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    P-line Pro Staff. Amphibia Eyegear Pro staff TH Marine Pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugabassangler View Post
    If you're looking for a great locally owned shop go check out Prime Time tackle. Just opened with great owners.
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Where is Prime Time located?

5. Member
    What’s there hours I tried going there twice and they were closed always wanting to support local

It's in Lockport close to the launch over there. Their number is (985)855-7651. Open 6-6 on weekends. Noon to 6 thru the week. Tell em I sent you.
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff

7. Member
    It is really hard to compete in the industry.
    The stores that stay open have a followings, reel repair, or a niche that draws customers in.
    Tacklewarehouse has strong online sales or Bitters tackle makes their soft plastics 2 for $5.00.

If I would do it I would have a convience Store, live bait, ice, liquor, smokes, vapes, small food counter, make my own rod line in China or hire a bunch of ladies good with their hands to build rods for me in a small building by Belaire in little Vietnam rent cheap in that area, import my own hard lure brand, sell soft plastics 2 for $5, nonethanol fuel, reel & rod repair, and online sales.

Quote Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
    If I would do it I would have a convience Store, live bait, ice, liquor, smokes, vapes, small food counter, make my own rod line in China or hire a bunch of ladies good with their hands to build rods for me in a small building by Belaire in little Vietnam rent cheap in that area, import my own hard lure brand, sell soft plastics 2 for $5, nonethanol fuel, reel & rod repair, and online sales.
    sounds like you just need to pull the trigger
    721 ​ProXp

9. Member
    I seriously was going to do it in 2010.
    The issue was someone outbid me for the property.
    You have to be in a solid high traffic sportsman route.

i had financial backing except the rods being built by Belaire.
    I was going to build them in China built off cal star blank and rainshadow.
    I had actions that were good and in amount I would by I could keep the price fair for a rod someone would go wow.
    You can buy a container pretty cheap and same for hardbaits.
    Yes, I know of a place in Florida that can pour some existing molds and colors.
    $1.25 per bag shipped sell 2 for $5 or $2.99 each.

10. Member
    It’s hard for a small local shop to try and make a dollar because Of the internet we are all guilty of it how easy it it for you to buy tackle rods reels line baits etc while sitting on your coach watching tv any hour of the day It’s a shame but people will take confidence over helping local business I see it in the business I am in

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post

Sommes launch in Des Allemands has your name written all over it
    2009 Ranger Z520, Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Sommes launch in Des Allemands has your name written all over it
    That would be a great location!!

13. Member
    No way with all that flooding.
    if that is that Valero station no way nope.
    The cost to tear down and rebuild, put tanks above ground, etc would cost more than the return on investment.

A good place would be down Hwy going toward Delicriox, Venice, Golden Meadow, etc.