Thread: Rod shipping

Rod shipping

What is the cheapest way to ship a rod?

2. Member
    USPS. I do it all the time. Ups and FedEx are more expensive. Ship in a PVC tube.

3. Member
    My experience is there is no good way. I would use an old rod tube from tackle warehouse or somewhere else.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    USPS. I do it all the time. Ups and FedEx are more expensive. Ship in a PVC tube.
    Same here.. some places it takes em awhile to figure out or remember how to do it though cause a lot of them d ont habe to do it much..
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

5. Member
    i use USPS and use my tubes. I have good luck but sure is expensive. Click-n-ship online price is like $31 for the last few times for rods in 7'6 tubes
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

We ship multiple tubes and boxes of rods every day and NEVER use USPS. They have the highest breakage rate hands down. Even in PVC tubes.

FedEx Ground is by far been the best at handling the tubes, accurate and timely delivery, and following up on claims.
    UPS usually gets them to the right place, but breaks them more and not so great with claims.
    USPS breaks them often and doesn't even always get them to the right place. We've had them mark as delivered and not take to the location, we've had them left next door, etc. Tracking is no good when it's scanned in the truck and the supervisor doesn't know where it was actually delivered. Horrible with claims.

Last I saw, the rates really aren't that different at retail. USPS usually wins for convenience in drop off/pickup.

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    USPS...I use paypal shipping labels. Never paid over $22 & change
    I cut Tackle Warehouse tubes 2" longer than the rod to keep the total inches (length, width, girth) under so many inches.
    I forget the total inches (maybe 102"), but if you go over that amount it jumps like $9 - $11
    Never had breakage, or delivery issues with a rod, and I've shipped quite a few.
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 01-10-2018 at 08:40 PM.

8. Member
    ive had the best experience with fedex.