Question Which Spinning Reel from Dicks / Have $50 giftcard

I just purchased a Powell Nusance 6’10 Medium action spinning rod from TW and now looking for a decent spinning reel to pair it with. I have a $50 gift card from dicks thus only those offered by them are applicable. I plan on using 8-10lb floro ( braid main line with 70-80 yards straight floro) for various application, Such as heavier drop shot / power shot, spy bait, and shakey heads. Typically I will be using this spinning gear in deeper areas of our home lake which are 15-35ft. Not much grass to speak of but have substantial amounts of brush piles. On rare occasion I will use 10lb floro and power shot in stumpy flats along feeder creeks of the Ohio river. I am looking at the One 3 creed GT either 2000/3000 models for $89 or the Lews Mach II 200/300 series for $79. Any other options that might be better or opinions on these Reels would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I'm pretty sure Diawa makes one of the best spinning reels in that price range just don't know if Dicks has it or not

3. Member
    In the price range, the pflueger president 35 is hard to beat as well, stood the test of time and should only be about $60

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Diawa makes one of the best spinning reels in that price range just don't know if Dicks has it or not
    Dicks has the Daiwa BG for $99 -$129, in your opinion Would you believe this one to be better than the others mentioned?https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/d...bg1500spnnnree

Or they also have the Daiwa Exceler LT for $79 in 2500 series only.

To muddy my water even more what about this.........I was was looking at some of the Daiwas made for Cabelas such as the Verano and Arachnid reels. They are on sale and the Verano is $98-$90 was $129/$139 and the Arachid is $99 was $179. I would almost just consider going that route if one of those is better than the options available at dicks Since the discounts are so deep.

5. Member
    Those 2 reels are new for Daiwa and I have no experience with either. But the price of the Arachid is hard to beat. Ive never heard anything bad about the cabelas daiwa reels. I would not buy the One Three reel just because of customer service. Pflueger president is also a good choice lot of those reels out there.

6. Member
    President or diawa I personally have had nothing but problems with 13 fishing stuff I have had
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Pflueger President Spinning Reel or Pflueger President XT Spinning Reels in size 30 will be perfect for what you want. Right in your price range too.

ALSO, check this out... on sale 25% off: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/w...pflgrprstspree

8. Scraps
    Go to Dicks.com and see what's on there. You'd see what all they have. I'd get like a 2500 size reel.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Been extremely pleased with my daiwa BG thus far.

10. Member
    Let us know what you decided to go with.

11. Member
    I stopped at Dicks tonight somewhere outside Atlanta and looked at the President and few others. The president did feel solid, smooth and I liked the handle / knob components. Honestly and I’m almost ashamed to say it but it’s just UGLY. It sort of reminds me of the pale blue Oldsmobile 88 my grandmother drove in the 90,s. They didn’t have the XT in so holding off until I can try that one as well, it is more visually appealing anyway so we shall see. Leaning toward the president line at the moment but trying to finish up tomorrow and hit Cabelas near chatnooga and check out the Arachnid.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    I stopped at Dicks tonight somewhere outside Atlanta and looked at the President and few others. The president did feel solid, smooth and I liked the handle / knob components. Honestly and I’m almost ashamed to say it but it’s just UGLY. It sort of reminds me of the pale blue Oldsmobile 88 my grandmother drove in the 90,s. They didn’t have the XT in so holding off until I can try that one as well, it is more visually appealing anyway so we shall see. Leaning toward the president line at the moment but trying to finish up tomorrow and hit Cabelas near chatnooga and check out the Arachnid.
    Never had a fish compliment my on the paint job on my reel.
    Please release me,let me go.

13. Member
    President
    -Matt

14. Member
    So, after visit to a field and stream store And a trip to cabelas I ended up with the VERANO. I explain in more detail in the am. Thanks for the suggesrions.

15. Member
    good choice. I have the daiwa equivalent and its NICE a bit heavy but NICE. Another one no one mentioned is the OKUMA RTX. It is the $80 alternative to the Stradic CI4+....the specs on both are similar. I own both....RTX is badass for the $.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

16. Member
    What didnt you like about the Arachnid? I was looking at one on line.
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    So, after visit to a field and stream store And a trip to cabelas I ended up with the VERANO. I explain in more detail in the am. Thanks for the suggesrions.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    What didnt you like about the Arachnid? I was looking at one on line.
    I looked at the Arachnid but the demo reel was damaged and did not appear that they had any others in stock so that was only reason that I went with the Verano.

The BG reels from Daiwa are awesome. Smooth and solid feeling. Ive now got 3 of the 2000 sized ones
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc