Minnkota 6ft Talons for sale - Local Sale only

Selling my Talons with jackplate brackets. They are 6ft Talons, so they hold in 5.25 feet of water or less. Great for shallow water fishing and anchoring next to the dock. They are about even with the top of the motor cowling when tilted and motor is on transom saver so no need to worry about tilting down for the garage or going under bridges. Also have Talon covers that will go with to cover them while in storage/in the garage that are like new condition. They are very light weight because of the height so no need to re-prop your rig. Have 4 remotes, two on a lanyard and two in a holder to be placed in the boat. Talons are currently on the boat - will take off if buyer is interested. No issues with them, only selling to upgrade to 12ft Talons. Will come with all wiring etc necessary to put them on your boat.

Only posting here as I want to sell them local and don't want to deal with shipping. $2,300 OBO.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

2. Member
    Will you only sell together?

3. Member
    Yeah, want to sell as a complete set. Thanks!

4. Member
    Just keep them and get an Ultrex. Best of both worlds.

5. Member
    Planning on upgrading talons and then eventually to an Ultrex. New talons first, Ultrex later when they come down in price.

6. Member
    Unfortunately I don't think the Ultrex will come down in price much. The other spot lock MK motors haven't. Which is unfortunate because I want one but don't wanna drop $2200

7. Member
    I can sure hope it will eventually. Either way I am upgrading my Talons first as I can get a deal on them for a limited time whereas I can't on the Ultrex. That will come next.

Depends on your fishing style to some degree but I would give up my power pole in a heart beat but the Ultrex or similar trolling motor will be on every boat I ever own in the future. Absolutely makes me a better fisherman and not limited to shallow water.

9. Member
    Good luck with sale, I will vouch for seller...stand up guy who takes great care of his equipment!

Something to consider...I purposely rigged my new boat with 8' talons knowing I would likely use spot lock in anything deeper than 6-7 feet anyways. That way I don't have to deal with the tilt brackets going under bridges or backing in the garage, and they are much less in the way for partner fishing in the back. Also, I find no purpose dragging bottom with the talons in the deeper water now that I have the ultrex/spot lock. IMO, the shorter talons are the way to go.

10. Member
    Thanks Eric

11. Member
    Open to offers

12. Member
    $2,000

13. Member
    So how old are the talons? Kind of curious on installing talons on my boat, and 6’ would be perfect. Just awaiting on my tax return I mean my boat goodie fund.

14. Member
    They are Gen 1’s. I can look up the serial number the next time I get to my boat and let you know.

15. Member
    Alright thanks for the info, no need to grab serial #’s.