Gambler Swing Tongue Install...

Well, to make the Power Poles fit in my garage I had to install a swing away tongue on my trailer. Easier said than done with the Fulton 3x4 Bolt-on kit. See installed photos below(yes, I didnt relocate the jack, yet). The kit is a quality kit but made for square tube frames, whereas our Ameritrail frames at the tongue are two C-channels welded together which makes for a wider than usual 3x4 size. Lots of grinding and drilling involved even with the right tools it still took 6 hours! So, moral of the story, if your thinking of doing this yourself it takes a lot of elbow grease and time. A shop quoted me $400 to do the install with materials, this costed me $130 with all materials. Just heads up guys!

Attached Images Attached Images

very nice!!!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Thanks LSC, now I can fit the PP's and the wife wont have to trip over the boat! lol

4. Member
    That looks great! What was so challenging? did you have to remove a bunch of material if so how much? Will it effect the structural integrity of the tounge?
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

5. Member
    Thanks on the compliments! Yes I had to grind out the corners to make it fit, to say the least it fits real snug without 16 bolts through it. I don’t believe any structural integrity was lost, that steel is 1/4” thick or more in the corners, so it loosing 1/32”-1/16” won’t hurt. Most tube steel is 1/8” I think and this steel is way thicker than that. Really a strong built trailer. The problem is where the two c-channels meet to form the tongue there is a 1/8” gap where the weld is, hence why the swing tongue kit doesn’t fit perfectly. It will be worth it though, once the poles are installed!

Curious...how did you route the brake line?
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

7. Member
    I bought a 54” flexible break line and screwed in to the back of the actuator where the hard line was and screwed the other end into the main line connection which on my trailer was right in front of the spare tire/rack. You can buy random lengths of flexible brake lines to make it fit. There’s about 8” extra but better than it being to short. The extra makes a loop under the carpeted piece.

8. Member
    Good job..

9. Member
    Now, just need to find some paint to match so I can paint it... 50,000,000 shades of gray...

Very nice !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Good job!!

12. Member
    Thanks y’all!