2003 Jag question

I have found an extremely clean 03 Jag DC, I'm seriously thinking of buying very soon and wanted to know what you guys think of this model? How does it do in rough water? Any trouble areas to look at? Thanks in advance!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

Fantastic boat! I had an 02 Jag with a 225 Optimax, good in big water, no down side or problem areas. I'd buy again in a second.

3. Member
    On my second BassCat....did not change brands for a reason. So long as the motor is solid, should be no problems assuming it is as clean as you note. Everything that is bolted on (i.e., TM, electronics, engine) can be upgraded, so your focus needs to be on the hull and trailer. If you send BassCat the ID # They can likely tell you more about the boat itself.

4. Member
    Forgot to add--rough water ride is as good as it gets for a bass boat. That hull is ginormous!

5. Member
    I would love to find an 01-03 Jug hull to refurbish. They are a great platform and an 03 will be all fiberglass construction. It was their top of the line model with a very good rough water ride. I owned a 00 Jag for almost 13 years. I really like my current puma, but would not hesitate owning another Jag.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

6. Member
    A few years ago, I sold my 2003 DC Jag to a guy in east Texas, what color is the one you are looking at? What engine?

7. Member
    I had a 98 model DC. Its was one hell of a fishing platform and hull.
    Look in my Profile album. I upgraded almost everything on the boat.
    Good in the rough stuff and the smoothest in the chop.
    I would make sure the control panel works properly. Lights, Live well...etc.
    Check steering at the motor for excessive wear.
    Motor compression check.
    Trailer for deep rust. Springs and shackles for condition. Check bunks for condition, and physically check for the bolts backing out. Lights function properly.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    I still have my 98 Jag, Johnson 225HO...and love it. It is a very solid, good riding, premium-level boat. My digital dash (BP101) still works fine...some have had problems. It's not as fast as the newer puma/cougars....you should see 70-73 depending on the engine, prop and setup. If it checks out well, I would not hesitate to buy one....but mine is not for sale! Ben

9. Member
    I have the 98 DC Jaguar and that is why I still have it, the boat is excellent in rough water and is a great fishing platform. I still get compliments on how good it looks wherever I fish and I don't plan on buying another boat.

Buy it...

11. Member
    I have been having some private communication with the OP and I am pretty sure the one he is looking at used to be mine. Man that thing was FAST with the Mercury Racing 250. And that was back when I could drive one. I've lost a bit of that ability over the years. I caught my largest LM Bass out of it. A true 10 pounder at Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville, GA. Of course it was the practice day prior to the tourney.