Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Driver Seat Height

Okay guys I love my 721 but after 3 back surgeries and issues related to that I find my seat to be to low sometimes. I was curious is anyone has put a spacer under the seat to raise it up.

I am thinking about building a temporary one of of wood to try it. If it works I will make it less water absorbent.

Thanks!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

2. Member
    There was a commercial on tv the other hour. About a seat cushion that is made of gel. VERY soft and pliable. About 2 or 3 inches thick, that might help. If they show it again I'll try to post the name of it. Only costs $49 I think. But you get 2. Ya know one of those type commercials.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Banned
    I have have some alum box tubing Im going to put under mine after I try it with some wood first just sitting there to confirm my knees dont get bound up under the console. Glad we have tilt wheel..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    I have have some alum box tubing Im going to put under mine after I try it with some wood first just sitting there to confirm my knees dont get bound up under the console. Glad we have tilt wheel..
    Glad to know I am not the only one.

I have a guy who does fab work on center console boats, he said he could fix me up if I want to build something.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

5. Banned
    its just 4 screws to pull the seat, just toss some wood under there and see what you need then. buy some alum tubing from him or scrap from someone.. honestly treated wood would be fine also. just need longer screws for whatever you use, i think the tank is under there so probably need to be a bit selective. if you remove the seat, mark the plates they just screw those screws in randomly and it would be nice to line up and use the same holes.

I cant see over my helix well, though now that I went to two it is better than a single. Id still like plus 2 inches Im pretty sure.

6. Member
    its just 4 screws to pull the seat, just toss some wood under there and see what you need then. buy some alum tubing from him or scrap from someone.. honestly treated wood would be fine also. just need longer screws for whatever you use, i think the tank is under there so probably need to be a bit selective. if you remove the seat, mark the plates they just screw those screws in randomly and it would be nice to line up and use the same holes.

I cant see over my helix well, though now that I went to two it is better than a single. Id still like plus 2 inches Im pretty sure.
    Oh I've had them out many times! I'm one of those guys who takes things apart to see what it is all about. I'd like to use some aluminum tube like you are talking about. The seafoam board would work stacked up to the right height. We are warming up this week, I'll do something before I go again.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phnx Ed View Post
    Oh I've had them out many times! I'm one of those guys who takes things apart to see what it is all about. I'd like to use some aluminum tube like you are talking about. The seafoam board would work stacked up to the right height. We are warming up this week, I'll do something before I go again.
    Im planning to head down to rayburn in a few weeks kinda hoping the water temp starts to rise end of jan.

I was on fork week before x mas for two weeks

8. Banned
    I thought I saw an option from Phoenix for a dual level seat. I am not sure if this is only for docking or something that could be used to run

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    I thought I saw an option from Phoenix for a dual level seat. I am not sure if this is only for docking or something that could be used to run
    Its to enhance your view while idling around.

10. Member
    Im planning to head down to rayburn in a few weeks kinda hoping the water temp starts to rise end of jan.

Let me know when you are coming down. I can sure tell you what not to do after this weekend!
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

11. Banned
    Heres a interesting option I found

2 inch riser with some additional shock absorption!

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/gare...tem-77000.html

12. Member

Let me know when you are coming down. I can sure tell you what not to do after this weekend!
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

13. Member
    Heres a interesting option I found

2 inch riser with some additional shock absorption!

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/gare...tem-77000.html
    Hmmm, do I need to design one for our boats! I can do it a whole lot simpler. I was already thinking about adding in some shock absorption under it.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

14. Member

If the water doesn't warm up all you need is some jigs.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    If the water doesn't warm up all you need is some jigs.
    Now you tell me!
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Its to enhance your view while idling around.
    Yeah kinda figured is was something like that

Thx

17. Banned
    yeah I love jig fishing actually. but it would be nice to have other options when you travel 13 hours!

Ive considered a trip to florida at 21 hours but it sounds like I wont have much if any luck finding places to park without reservations. I just over nighted at some ramps on lake fork.

18. Member
    This is the cushion commercial I saw on tv the other day;

https://www.eggsitteroffer.com/EGGSI...787&otsid=8021
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

19. Banned
    I messed W mine today a little. I’m gonna try it on the lake w a 2x12 under the bottom cushion only. That way the back of the seats aren’t raised up. It felt great in my shop and tons of visibility. A guy could make the wood Velcro in and only use it At times if wanted. If you don’t have tilt wheel it may not work.

just a FYI

20. Member
    yeah I love jig fishing actually. but it would be nice to have other options when you travel 13 hours!

Ive considered a trip to florida at 21 hours but it sounds like I wont have much if any luck finding places to park without reservations. I just over nighted at some ramps on lake fork.
    There will be options. Maybe not many but a few. The rayburn fish just really don't like water below 50* and it was around 47. Most people will be throwing traps but to me the grass isn't really set up right yet. It's still to high bit i dont doubt you can catch one here or there on it. I think the chatterbait will be a big player on the edges of the taller grass but that may not be until the water warms a little. I just found out I'm donating in champs this weekend so if we figure something magical out I will let y'all know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast