Thread: Wait times?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    did u order ur lynx from bills ? monett

2. Member
    Apparently I squeaked in. Had I ordered my boat 2 weeks later I would not have one. Apparently it is high demand. Skeeter will have all the motors they need but it will affect everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    This is a very interesting thread.
    I’m sure it’s hard to balance production ability and experienced man power. With market spikes, and sales.
    but I agree if I was given a date they would make it. Or there would be some sort of compensation or concession.
    This is just as important to your reputation as customer support and quality. If the market is that good. Its time for the dealers and manufactures to step up and preform. If they are not making deadlines they will hurry. That can lead to all kinds of other issues.

The way a company responds to each individual customer in good or great times. Is more defining than when times are bad.
    Which is why BassCat gives an estimated time frame and cannot guarantee a delivery date.

Quote Originally Posted by pewebb View Post
    Apparently I squeaked in. Had I ordered my boat 2 weeks later I would not have one. Apparently it is high demand. Skeeter will have all the motors they need but it will affect everyone else.
    I'd wait a year for a cat before I'd take a skeeter in a week

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcharger View Post
    did u order ur lynx from bills ? monett
    Yes.

As a bit of an update, I received a call last night from BCB VP of Sales. He was very apologetic concerning the delay and explained to me that they were doing all they can to get things back on schedule and get me my boat. I explained to him that my lack of information from BCB was the main source of frustration. With one simple phone call, as a paying customer, at least I know that my order hasn't fallen through the cracks somewhere and they are working to get it here ASAP. Easy really.

I get it. I really do. As an owner of a construction company running nearly 100 men in the field, I'm all to familiar with the concept of adjusting to workload high's and low's, availability of (or rather the lack of) good, reliable help, material delivery, holidays, weather, customer deadlines, ect. The list is never-ending. But I've always stressed to all my sup/foremen on how vitally important it is to keep the customer informed on what is going on, where we are on the project, and finish dates. Good news or bad, its always the best practice for everyone involved. Just my thoughts. Take it for what you want.

I've finally gotten to inspect a Lynx top-to-bottom. Fabulous boat. No doubt it will be worth the wait!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I'd wait a year for a cat before I'd take a skeeter in a week

I guess Yamaha/Skeeter figured out they could up their boat sales if someone really wants a Yamaha.

They are releasing our preorders now and have prioritized most of our needs. They have apparently worked out some form of a solution.

Bass Cat, I have always been curious. ... At BCB do you guys have 1 mold for each model Bass Cat or multiple per model?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    I guess I will be waiting until Yamaha SHO’s are more available. I am not going back to a 2 stroke.
    Me either! My Caracal is finished, sitting at the factory, waiting for a Sho engine. It will be worth the wait. Ordered it on September 11th.

SHO engines we had on order are supposed to be in process of shipping.

It’s my understanding a second mold is being made for the lynx which “should” speed up production. Around 12/22, I was told there were 15 lynx orders ahead of mine and ETA was pushed back to end of Feb, first of March. I’m good with wait wait.

i edited my post to read “mold” not model so a second lynx mold is being considered. Could have sworn I typed mold, lol.
    Last edited by FishStalker; 01-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.

12. "That dude" at the ramp colreb2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    The industry is booming right now.
    At the prices of new rigs (regardless of brand), you wouldn't think it'd be "booming". I've been wondering a long time when this industry bubble is going to burst....with boat loans going for the kind of $$$ you buy a house with.

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colreb2000 View Post
    At the prices of new rigs (regardless of brand), you wouldn't think it'd be "booming". I've been wondering a long time when this industry bubble is going to burst....with boat loans going for the kind of $$$ you buy a house with.
    I'm amazed too Nathan. Boat prices for top of the line models is really terribly high, not saying the prices aren't justified by the manufacturer, just that they are seemingly out of reach for so many fisherman. But you can still buy smaller rigs at good prices. The new Pantera Classic is a good example. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the top end rigs, but it surely has a few bells and whistles, enough to make me think about it if I was in the market.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

14. Member
    I've been told to be patient and not ask, but when should I expect to hear the first build or delivery target date? Or do you just have to wait X months and hope to hear something?

They are working this week with the regional reps to validate and qualify orders. They want to be sure the stocking orders and sold units are identified.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xm sean View Post
    Bass Cat, I have always been curious. ... At BCB do you guys have 1 mold for each model Bass Cat or multiple per model?
    Between the way different models have different lead times and having taken a tour I'm going to guess that they only have one they are currently using for each boat. If you watch the production videos online you'll get a good feel for the work area. The glass work including all the pieces for the top cap that are attached to each other are made in one area that is probably between 10-20k square feet. The caps are assembled on the hulls in another area but based on what I know I don't think they start more than a few boats in gelcoat each night. If you can't even make every boat in a day you really don't need multiple molds. I could be completely wrong about this but from what I remember they didn't seem setup for multiples

There are more than one mold set for some models. Some have only one mold set, for example the Jaguar. The Lynx has more molds with demand higher, as with the Puma FTD and a few other models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    There are more than one mold set for some models. Some have only one mold set, for example the Jaguar. The Lynx has more molds with demand higher, as with the Puma FTD and a few other models.
    Thanks BCB

Thanks for clarification. One day I will make it down there for the tour.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Thanks for answering his question. It is a fascinating tour for those who haven't been.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast