Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    going to assume, with the rods on the deck, you were loaded down with gear?

2. Member
    WOW

3. Member
    I am running a stock SHO T-2 26 pitch
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

4. Member
    Ok here is All the details of the video.
    I had 3/4 tank on left side and 1/4 tank on right side empty livewells and all my gear. The motor is stock and just went through the 20 hour service and had about 28 hours on it, I just turned over 30 now. Air temps was around 40 degrees and water temp was 46 degrees. I had a med wind at around 10 mph and about a 8-10 inch ripple on the water. I have a atlas jack plate that I left on 13 setting (you can see that in the video) and running a 26 pitch SHO T2. Blinker trim helped as did the hot foot. I had to change hands with the phone at around 75 mph because I can drive a little better with my left hand and that is where the lid girl starts to dance. As soon as I hit 80 I backed off. The boat has more and speed right now is limited by the rev limiter. I should try a 27 but the T2s are expensive and the wait is long. I am happy and don’t think that many will run me down or get me on blast off.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

5. Member
    Nobody is getting you on blast off and only a Bullet or Allison is getting you on top end...Rocket! I'll be happy getting to the best spots on the lakes 2nd with you in the tourney. Buy a dad gum 27P prop so we all see how fast she will go...Momma won't mind!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Thanks for the pats on the back. I think the big story here is the Hammer and Eyra combo is a winner!!! I am very happy with the decision to go with Yamaha. I have zero issues with hole shot and zero issues with top end almost to the mid 80's (84.2 and I have seen that twice now). My motor is completely stock and I would hate to think of how fast it would be if I had it flashed. A 27 pitch prop would be fun to try but I think I am going to leave well enough alone and fish.....that is what I bought the boat for in the first place (plus it is a damn nice boat...LOL) Cheers to all
    are you saying your running a 26t1 prop on there now??? and running 84.2 with a 26 pitch prop???
    Last edited by jrbritt; 01-09-2018 at 06:55 PM.

7. Member
    Kept my 09 Cougar and upgraded my motor back o a SHO this past spring. Best move I ever made. The making oil part kinda made me a bit nervous but that's gone. Only had few hours on this new Yamaha but would def buy another for sure.

I think we we should both enjoy our SHO for years to come.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    are you saying your running a 26t1 prop on there now??? and running 84.2 with a 26 pitch prop???
    Remember the SHO limiter (which he said he was hitting) is up around 6250... 84-85 with a 26p is very doable (esp with the ones that run stiff), I have been that fast with a 26 Fury (yes worked, but not re-pitched) at ~6200 rpm
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

I have a 27 T-1 that I am not using because I can’t turn it. I actually need a 25 or a 26. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out and save us both some money.

10. Member
    Thanks Risco....I am only reporting what I have seen. Only saw that top speed twice and it was perfect conditions and on the same day...other wise this prop is a steady 82-83 and that is feathering the throttle to stay off the limiter at 6200 rpm on the gauge.

Texlacat....my mom will mind and every time she finds out I have been pushing it, I get chewed out on social media.....lol

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

11. Member
    Its not the top speed but the incredible acceleration that impressed the hell outta me!!!
    That's what I'm all about. Hole shot-cruising speed, around 60-65 mph.
    Always wondered how a SHO would perform on my Sabre FTD vs the 175 Merc.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Thanks Risco....I am only reporting what I have seen. Only saw that top speed twice and it was perfect conditions and on the same day...other wise this prop is a steady 82-83 and that is feathering the throttle to stay off the limiter at 6200 rpm on the gauge.

Texlacat....my mom will mind and every time she finds out I have been pushing it, I get chewed out on social media.....lol
    I have a 26p Scorpion (copy of the T-1 for those that dont know) and it performs the same as what you are saying Elwood. Holeshots good, pulls hard and carries a load great, but is a couple mph slower than the Fury. It consistently ran 82-83 until I had Brian (Holeshot) cut down the diameter and reworked the blades which gained another mph or 2 without sacrificing anything else on my boat. On heavy hulls you might loose a bit of lift/carrying capability though. Those props are super efficient in the mid-range! but it's hard for me to give up a couple mph esp since the Fury holeshots just as good (even a little better in some situations) and still carries in the mid-range good enough. If I know Im not going to be hammering top end a lot then I toss on the Scorpion for that mid-range awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Its not the top speed but the incredible acceleration that impressed the hell outta me!!!
    That's what I'm all about. Hole shot-cruising speed, around 60-65 mph.
    Always wondered how a SHO would perform on my Sabre FTD vs the 175 Merc.
    That is one of my favorite parts of the SHO too, no matter the load it pops right up on plane and doesnt loose much performance when loaded heavy! Im not sure how the small block SHOs are though, would be nice if we could hear some reports from guys that have one, I know there is one Sabre/SHO combo on the boards and he was really happy with it so far
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

13. Member
    What gets me is your engine voltage. I've never had a sho that dropped and gained voltage like that.

14. Member
    Here is a short video I took the other day while in my Eyra in some cool weather. To say the least....I am very impressed with the SHO!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_P...FLec6py7r/view
    What kind of load in your boat during the 80 mph run??
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

15. Member
    From an earlier post
    Ok here is All the details of the video.
    I had 3/4 tank on left side and 1/4 tank on right side empty livewells and all my gear. The motor is stock and just went through the 20 hour service and had about 28 hours on it, I just turned over 30 now. Air temps was around 40 degrees and water temp was 46 degrees. I had a med wind at around 10 mph and about a 8-10 inch ripple on the water. I have a atlas jack plate that I left on 13 setting (you can see that in the video) and running a 26 pitch SHO T2. Blinker trim helped as did the hot foot. I had to change hands with the phone at around 75 mph because I can drive a little better with my left hand and that is where the lid girl starts to dance. As soon as I hit 80 I backed off. The boat has more and speed right now is limited by the rev limiter. I should try a 27 but the T2s are expensive and the wait is long. I am happy and don’t think that many will run me down or get me on blast off.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post
    Nobody is getting you on blast off and only a Bullet or Allison is getting you on top end...Rocket!
    Xpress X19/200SHO

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    you're the exception T-Bob lol

18. Member
    Nice!!! :)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    you're the exception T-Bob lol

Better add Blake to that...

20. Member
    There is always someone faster...lol. I am pretty happy with the performance that i am getting with no modifications to the motor or prop. Everything is either out of the crate or out of the box.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12