1990 ProCraft Pro Caster 180

Hello everyone, I purchased a 1990 ProCraft Pro Caster 180 150 Merc Blackmax in July 2017 to fish my local lake. Wanting to pay for a boat outright with cash, I settled on this rig after looking at several others. I've attempted to do Internet research regarding the Pro Caster line; however, not much information is available other than the transfer of ownership from Astroglass to Brunswick to Tracker Marine Group. Can anyone shed some light on this line of boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have any info on the 1990 model but I have a 92 Pro 180 and love it. Great fishing boat, and handles rough water real well. Mine is a single console model but Procraft's are real good boats.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

3. Member
    I love mine. It's a great fishing platform a little ahead of it's time imo with the full "flipping" deck. Not the fastest but that's okay with me. I didn't think I'd ever see another Procaster. Yours looks like it's in perfect condition. They only made them for a couple of years and only a few were made apparently. The folks I fish with call mine a prototype because they're so rare around here. Not sure any of that helps but I'm happy to answer anything I can.

4. Member
    Hello again, sorry for the late response. I purchased the boat from an elderly woman who claimed her deceased husband had won the boat in a fishing tournament approximately 1990/91. The boat was offered as a first prize. I don't know if the tale is true but it sounds good. I spent several hours cleaning up the boat after I made the purchase. Gel coat is in excellent shape with newer replaced carpet. Motor runs strong; however, they were running the wrong prop which wouldn't allow it to get out of the whole. I place a 14.5 19 pitch that my brother had extra and it made all the difference. She runs about 55 at 5200 RPM. I plan on keeping it for a few years before upgrading. The ProCaster line does have several amenities like 2 live bait wells, 2 live wells, 3 dry storage, and 2 rod storage. Lastly, the boat came with 1 new Hummingbird Helix 7 SI GPS and a Helix 7 DI for the bow. At $4500.00, I believe I did OK on the purchase.

5. Member
    Mine was a mess. I've wet sanded and polished, replaced carpet and such. I stumbled off the back deck and broke the driver side windshield. Funny, I purchased mine for 4350 about 10 years ago. I'll post a picture of mine to the thread when I can.

6. Member
    I was able to perform some additional research discovering the Pro Caster line is a shared hull design with the Astro Quickfire. 1991 seems to be the last year of production.

I thought you stole my boat at first glance. Mine is a Stalker single console but same motor, color and even the wheels on the trailer. I've had mine for about 19 years now and have had zero problems other than normal maintenance.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

8. Member
    Hello again, I saw your boat Mark-O when I was viewing the owner photos. Some genius cut the wire off at the internal hull transducer for the factory installed depth finder. I'm considering replacing the whole unit so I can boast that everything does indeed work. The only thing I don't like is the 80s themed seat pattern, otherwise I really like the boat. Upon checking on it Saturday, I decided to install a water/fuel separator for peace of mind. I discovered the hull design is shared with a ProCraft Competitor and Astro Quickfire among others.
    Last edited by danover321; 03-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.

9. Member
    nice looking boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it. do you know where the limiter is on the motor, probably around 5600 +, that you need to find out, the rpm's need to be raised up. tight lines.

10. Member
    Hello again, I thought I would post a few pics of my rig after washing, waxing, and replacing the wheels/tires:

11. Member

09/23/2018