Campground around the big O

Thinking of coming down with my cabover camper and boat, looking for a reasonable place to stay any help would be appreciated

2. Member
    I stay at North Lake Estates, been really happy here.

3. Member
    If you want to stay on the south side. You can stay at Roland Martins Marina (stayed there a few times), or you can stay at Torrey Island Campground.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

4. Member
    I’m driving down there tomorrow. Never been there but gotta get out of this cold. My big adventure to start my retirement. Bought a pickup topper and an air mattress. I’ll be paying attention to this thread for lessons learned by y’all who contribute. The biggest RV show of the year starts in Tampa starts next week too.

5. Tony C
    There is a nice KOA in okeechobee city, north end of the lake. Tons of fishermen, snowbirds who stay there. Good proximity to launches, food, etc.

congrats on retirement! Enjoy
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhooker View Post
    I’m driving down there tomorrow. Never been there but gotta get out of this cold. My big adventure to start my retirement. Bought a pickup topper and an air mattress. I’ll be paying attention to this thread for lessons learned by y’all who contribute. The biggest RV show of the year starts in Tampa starts next week too.

I was talking to some campgrounds and they made it seem like without reservations they may not be able to fit me in..

I dont know your budget but I have had one of these for a few years, http://www.motorhome.com/motorhomes/...-c-motorhomes/

tows awesome, rides better than my f150, low so doesnt get pushed around when semi pass, backs up and can see the empty trailer easily.... Ill launch anyplace easily.

Its a little bigger than i wanted but the ride is so much better than the van type which are tippy, dont stop, dont go, and dont tow well.

you can find these used for about 80 on up. https://www.smartcarguide.com/thor-four-winds-33sw
    Last edited by Jeff from Iowa; 01-09-2018 at 08:29 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks everyone i am waiting for this next front to pass thru then i am out of here

8. Member
    Lakeport Resort is right on Harney Pond Canal and usually has a spot or two