Tracker 195 TXW vs 190 TX

The 190 and 195 are same length, with the 195 being a little wider and just slightly deeper. It also weighs 167 pounds more according to Tracker's web site. I am seeing alot on here about 150 HP engines on tin boats of various makes maybe not being a wise choice considering the 0.100 hull. I know people say it is good to go with max HP, but what do you think about using a 115 engine on the 195? The 115 is max on the 190 and there is so little difference the 190 and 195.

2. Member
    I have some experience with both those boats. I own a 195 and have used a 190 for ten days or so.

Of course there is nothing wrong with a 115 on the 195 as long as you are OK with lower to mid 40s for your speed.

The 190 is more responsive to trim adjustments and is more agile. It makes sharper turns with less effort. It is a good boat to fish from but is a little tippy if a partner is moving around the boat aggressively. It does not tip much but it is noticeable.

The 195 is more stable at rest. It is very stable thanks to the 98" beam. It pops up on plane with the 150. The layout is the same but the storage compartments are deeper. The sides are deeper and the deck is higher relative to the bottom of the boat. There is more knee room under the console and you sit deeper into the hull when at the helm. The livewell is larger and there is a step to the bow deck.

Make no mistake some of them had problems early on with the 195s and a thicker hull would be a good thing but I think the vast majority of folks have had no issues. The way the world works these days if the average consumer has a problem they seek out forums and such to discuss issues where they would not join otherwise.

3. Member
    I have spent a lot of time in a 195 txw with a 115 pro xs 4 stroke runs mid to high 40s. The boat is very stable and handles chop well. Also it fishes three very well because of the wider beam.

4. Member
    I've had my 195TXW with the 150 for almost a year now. It has been fished hard, trailered several times to area lakes for my sons bass fishing team, and even made a trip to MN for a solid week of Muskie/Walleye fishing late in the summer. I have had zero issues and no complaints. Yes, I have a larger fiberglass boat on order. But in no way was it because of my displeasure with the 195. My brother was so impressed with it on the MN trip that he is buying it from me.

There were some early reports of transom cracking issues. But none on mine. Like I said. I've had zero issues at all.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

5. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Thanks for this post and info folks. I am looking at these 2 boats. Definitely seems as though for the money if your a tournament guy you cant beat the 195 TXW rig and all that comes with it.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

6. Member
    Thanks for input everyone. I like the 195 best because it is wider. I just feel like the extra width would make it a little more stable. I have a friend with an older 175 TXW and if the person in back moves suddenly the boat will get tippy. Thanks again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbassin View Post
    I have spent a lot of time in a 195 txw with a 115 pro xs 4 stroke runs mid to high 40s. The boat is very stable and handles chop well. Also it fishes three very well because of the wider beam.
    It seems you are pleased with the 115, but do you wish you had got the 150 on it?

8. Member
    It's actually one of my buddies boat's, it was his first boat so the 115 was definitely the right choice. Honestly, I was really impressed with the performance and the fuel economy. The 150's are awesome but the lakes around us really aren't really big enough to to justify the 150.

9. Member
    I own the 190 and love it. I initially ordered the 195. However, at zero hour I realized the wider beam would have prevented me from storing it in my garage. So I went with the 190. No regrets.

10. Member
    I just picked up a 190TX. I looked at the 195 and it's wider stance. Although it would be great, I felt that the 190TX was plenty enough and quite cheaper comparatively to what you are getting.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

11. Member
    Thanks guys, I'm still trying to decide what is best for me. I am not set on any brand of boat, but Tracker and Lowe dealers are the only two that are close and I have not heard the best about Lowe. All other brands would be 1 to 2 hours away.

12. Member
    Compare the warranty between Tracker and Lowe. You will probably never need it but what if.

13. Member
    The Tracker warranty:

• 5 YEAR BOW-TO-STERN WARRANTY We'll cover parts and labor for defects in materials and workmanship on electrical components, livewells and plumbing, stereo, gauges, switches, console(s), windshield, steering wheel, fishing seats, carpet, vinyl, fuel system, and gelcoat. And that's just a partial list.
    • LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL AND DECK WARRANTY For the entire life of your boat (if you're the original owner), we cover the hull, interior ribs, transom, exterior welds, and decking.
    • 3 YEAR WARRANTY ON POWDER COAT FINISH ADHESION, TROLLING MOTOR AND FISHFINDER Covers the Diamond Coat powder coat adhesion to the aluminum, plus the factory-installed trolling motor and the factory-installed fishfinder for three years.
    • PROVISIONS FOR TRANSFER TO SECOND OWNER The TRACKER warranty is transferrable to a second owner within five years of the original purchase. This gives your resale value a substantial boost when it's time to upgrade.
    • ONE-STOP FACTORY WARRANTY SOLUTION All your warranty needs will take place in one spot—at your TRACKER dealer—so that any issues are resolved quicker, and you can be back on the water before you know it.
    • FULL COVERAGE THROUGHOUT THE WARRANTY PERIOD—NO PRO-RATING Everything is covered throughout the entire warranty period. No pro-rating and no loss of benefits as you enjoy your boat through the years.
    • APPLIES TO 2015 MODEL YEAR AND FORWARD

I'll admit to being a bit biased. Other manufacturers offer great boats too.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S