97 225efi(all mods) versus 01 250xb

What’s the difference in these motors. Wound I gain anything putting these parts off if mine to the xbblick

2. Member
    Hold different beast . The only thing they both are 3 liter .......no gain . The XB came from Mercury Racing . Your power head will fit the mid section of the XB . May be a few mods .....your power head may not have the same splines in the crank as the XB crank so you would have to use your lower unit . They may both have the 13 spline then it a bolt and go .

I was considering changing like the heads.ecu.svs,lightened flywheel etc to the xbblick. I guess that’s what I meant to ask if that would make a difference

4. Member
    Killer bee wrote up how to mod a motor like yours ......look at the top of the forum .....think it is XB mod .
    Yes it at the top under FAQ commonly ask question .....under XB mods .

You'll gain a little compression by using the XB block. Unless you have cut heads or 300PM heads, use the 250XB heads. Use the 250XB ECU's unless you have modded ECU's.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Kllr bee
    The difference in the XB and any other 3 liter block is that the XB block does not have exhaust port relief slots. This closes combustion quicker helping it make more compression. If you can get an XB block use it. Best running motor with my mods I ever had was a 250XB, even better than 300 Pro Max block. And about the heads, 61 cc are best 300 are 63 and 250 are 65cc.
    Richard

I have all the ecus done to simons recipe. 300 pro max heads but I found an xb motor I was thinking of putting all my stuff in it. Would it be a big dufference

8. Kllr bee
    It would run better than a 225 block for sure. The 300 heads need to be cut down to 61 cc. I hope Simon's recipe is 300 Pro Max ignition and 250XB fuel computers. If not good luck!!!
    Richard