Thread: P2 questions

P2 questions

I've always fished out of older boats that everything was manual and not push button so I'm going to rattle off a few stupid questions that I know you guys can answer in a matter of minutes . I'm fishing out of a 2012 P2 . 1st , the livewells don't ever seem "full" to me usually only a tad over half full unless I run the fill non stop so what's the magical push button combo for that ?

2nd what are the job for these? and last is my "new to me cat !"
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The Live well selector valve needs to be put in the Auto position to fill the Live wells. You will feel a slight detent as it clicks into the Empty or Auto position.
    If filled in the empty position, it will start flowing out under gravity.
    If you put it in the Auto position, and its still wont hold water, the valve is not closing all the way.

The electric breaker/selector is for power to the Boats electrical systems. Turn it off, and it will kill power to everything but the engine.

The selector in the last picture is for fuel. Your P2 may have the extra kicker tank option, otherwise it should be left in one position. Someone with this style selector may be of more help.

Fine looking Bass cat!! Welcome to the family.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    The 25 amp breaker is to turn your main power to all the accessories off so you don't get a bunch of parasitic draw on your batteries while your boat is in the garage.

In order for your live wells to fill all the way you have to turn the valve to auto. Auto will allow water in but not out. Empty should allow water out but not in. In auto the live well will fill to the height of the water line outside of the boat then when you turn your aerator on it will fill the rest of the way to the overflow pipe. Empty will drain the water out to the water line outside of the boat and when you turn your aerator on it will never fill up. If you leave the valve on Empty, when you run your boat all of the water will drain out of the wells and your fish will suffer. Hope this helps and congrats on owning an awesome all around rig. I love the P-II's.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

4. Member
    Cajun beat me to it. What he said. LOL!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

5. Member
    Yep. I always had issues with those valves on all brands I ever owned. Could be something stuck in the valve not allowing it to fully close. I don't deal with the valve at all, I plug the drain and pump water in and pump out. Never had a plug fail me yet

Yes - the livewell valve needs to be in the auto position. If by some chance the valve is broken, just plug the left drain and use your pump in / outs to fill / empty.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo