Thread: Metanium

Metanium

Dc that is...was thinking of getting one,any one use this reel and have comments,likes dislikes.Looks like a good reel that will cast a mile,kinda like that sound it makes to.

2. Banned
    I dont like the feel of that reel when I palm it.. The chassis feels very wide.

I have aldebaran, daiwa sv103, and the new lews hyper mag speed spool. Which all feel great and are very compact reels. I also have some bps carbonlites and they are more comfortable than the metanium for me to palm but are more of a mid size reel.

I tested a metanium and it casts miles... I was hoping it would feel good or even ok and could be a lighter better option to replace my bps carbonlites.

Ive considered trying one again maybe I could get used to it. I like the higher end reels for sure...

The lews I am unsure about, it feels bad, will not cast if full spooled and I replaced the handles with some conventional handles instead of those huge round knobs. I got two of them for my frog rods cus of the drag and extremely lw.

Great reel, but to be completely honest, I prefer the Met MGL over the DC especially when I can get nearly 2 to 1 price wise....but that's me. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

4. Member
    Great reel. I had one. But nothing about it was THAT special to me. Especially for the cost. I’d just buy the mgl instead

5. Member
    I’ve got a 13 Metanium and the DC. I love the platform but have grown tired of the sound. I won’t sell it though because the wife loves that reel and the sound! Lol.

Truth be told, it is a great reel but I don’t notice anymore performance or usability out of it over the regular Metanium.

Guess I will just order a couple more steez sv tw reels from Tackle Trap and have them tricked out.Also waiting on the new Megabas Orochi rods to appear,hate waiting,patience is not one of my vertues...lol.

And btw i have about 20 Daiwa reels and rods that will be going up for sale shortly,gonna thin down to 6 or 8 high end combos,there will be some great deals to be had.

8. Member
    I have the MGL and the DC, the MGL will cast farther than the DC.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

9. Banned
    mgl price came down on tackle whs, 419 now

290 from japan

what is the difference between the dc and mgl? same body?

10. Member
    they feel like the same body to me. the DC is a bit heavier. very fun reel to use. great for spinnerbaits in the wind.

I agree with several comments on here. The Met DC isn't "worth" the premium to me at all, not even close. I'd rather have the Met MGL, but I'd rather have a stock, much less a tricked out Steez SV TW than either.