Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    The deal fell through for the guy who told me he cut a deal on a new boat. I won't mention a dealer or the buyer but the word I was told was that after a good deal of travel based on some phone calls, when the buyer arrived the price changed. I know there are 2 sides to a story which is why I am not mentioning names. I don't know both stories.

Wow... bait & switch?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

2. Member
    The deal fell through for the guy who told me he cut a deal on a new boat. I won't mention a dealer or the buyer but the word I was told was that after a good deal of travel based on some phone calls, when the buyer arrived the price changed. I know there are 2 sides to a story which is why I am not mentioning names. I don't know both stories.
    That is why you just go to Sandersons. And the boat will be set up right.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Sounds like a home state feller I once did business with.. He used every angle + invented a few some had never seen before.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    That is why you just go to Sandersons. And the boat will be set up right.
    Couldn't agree more... Ask Garry Haggins about his experience buying a boat elsewhere and then having to take it to Sandersons to make it driveable...

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Sounds like a home state feller I once did business with.. He used every angle + invented a few some had never seen before.
    I'd say Johnny will agree with you on that one
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I'd say Johnny will agree with you on that one
    Him and a pontoon boat full of other folks.

7. Moderator
    John and Dan, thanks for the kind words.

It is amazing what measures some will go to, to get someone to come and be disappointed, or worse, mad. Never understood the purpose.

8. Member
    A lesser boat than an Allison and I would have to probably deal with a lot of warranty type issues common to new boats. So far, nothing has happened to my boat or accessories that has me in a pickle on warranty service. I'm blessed to not be but 4 hours from Knoxville where Darris and Nancy are, and to also have some great technical help nearby. But, as I said, it is an Allison so I'm blessed in that regard.

9. Member
    A lesser boat than an Allison and I would have to probably deal with a lot of warranty type issues common to new boats. So far, nothing has happened to my boat or accessories that has me in a pickle on warranty service. I'm blessed to not be but 4 hours from Knoxville where Darris and Nancy are, and to also have some great technical help nearby. But, as I said, it is an Allison so I'm blessed in that regard.
    Except for that CMC thing!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Except for that CMC thing!
    Yea but that’s not a big deal now that I know it.

11. Member
    Yea but that’s not a big deal now that I know it.
    Once known most things aren't a big deal. It is the many hours lost on the water and thousands of dollars spent trying to figure the issue out.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    John and Dan, thanks for the kind words.

It is amazing what measures some will go to, to get someone to come and be disappointed, or worse, mad. Never understood the purpose.
    I'm going to change my tune a bit.

To my knowledge there has never been an Allison Dealer that has misquoted a price, or misrepresented the boat they were selling.
    I have heard several stories of other boat brand dealers and person's selling their own boats doing so many times.
    There have been cases when the customer turns things around when things beyond their control didn't work out exactly as they had planned, so as someone stated above, there are usually two sides to every story.

Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    I'm going to change my tune a bit.

To my knowledge there has never been an Allison Dealer that has misquoted a price, or misrepresented the boat they were selling.
    I have heard several stories of other boat brand dealers and person's selling their own boats doing so many times.
    There have been cases when the customer turns things around when things beyond their control didn't work out exactly as they had planned, so as someone stated above, there are usually two sides to every story.
    I have on the misquoted price !
    Have not seen a NEW boat misrepresented . Have seen a new boat sold with a 2 year old (New motor) that turned out to have a used LU on it.
    Several underhanded or just outright C.S. deals that happened to myself and friends of mine. One of which cost me several thousand dollars at the time and was later confirmed. Deals that anyone with a hint of morality could not sleep with.

14. Member
    I thought everything on the internet is 100% True! Hehehhee

On a serious note... communication sometimes is subjective with some people so i always try to be direct and ask spec ific questions to avoid misunderstandings on both sides... doesn't always work.. but i try!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12