Thumbs Up Impressed By a Cat...

This week I fished the FLW Costa on Okeechobee, and although things didnt go well, I left with a great impression of the Bass Cat Brand. On the first, (what turned out to be the only) day, I drew a gentleman with a Puma FTD. I had never ridden in a Cat, and I told him so, and he said "Its Fun", and needless to say the conditions were nasty.
    Well, we head out and im thinking this is gonna get rough, but he puts the hammer down, and trims the motor, and the boat come up really high in the front (compared to what im used to), and off we go, it was dry all the way and remarkably smooth. No chine walk, nothing, and FAST even in the rough stuff. Although the boat is a good bit narrower than the Stratos, it didnt feel that way, it was plenty roomy and not at all tippy, even in the wind, or moving around. The layout is different, but there is tons of room there, triangular livewells are really a neat idea, since they allow you to get the fish out while basically sitting in the seats. Anyway, sorry for the book, but I came away very impressed with the boat overall, I will definietely be looking at the Cats if I ever decide to change.

i have been researching lynx, if i can come to terms with the layout ill end up in one with 300 hp
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I have been researching the lynx also. It seems to be the best fit for what I like. Definitely interested in the cat.

4. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    This week I fished the FLW Costa on Okeechobee, and although things didnt go well, I left with a great impression of the Bass Cat Brand. On the first, (what turned out to be the only) day, I drew a gentleman with a Puma FTD. I had never ridden in a Cat, and I told him so, and he said "Its Fun", and needless to say the conditions were nasty.
    Well, we head out and im thinking this is gonna get rough, but he puts the hammer down, and trims the motor, and the boat come up really high in the front (compared to what im used to), and off we go, it was dry all the way and remarkably smooth. No chine walk, nothing, and FAST even in the rough stuff. Although the boat is a good bit narrower than the Stratos, it didnt feel that way, it was plenty roomy and not at all tippy, even in the wind, or moving around. The layout is different, but there is tons of room there, triangular livewells are really a neat idea, since they allow you to get the fish out while basically sitting in the seats. Anyway, sorry for the book, but I came away very impressed with the boat overall, I will definietely be looking at the Cats if I ever decide to change.
    Who did you draw?
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    Who did you draw?
    Lynn Johnson out of Alabama, he was one of the nicest draws I have ever fished with, just an all around great guy :)

6. Member

7. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    You won’t be disappointed with a kitty.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Good testimony. I saw video of how rough it was out there.

A Lynx with a 300 would be an awesome boat!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    A Lynx with a 300 would be an awesome boat!!
    Yes It would!

Here is some good info on a Lynx/300 Combo guys!

https://www.boatingmag.com/bass-cat-...ource=facebook

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    Lynn Johnson out of Alabama, he was one of the nicest draws I have ever fished with, just an all around great guy :)
    Lynn is a super nice guy and a good friend of mine here in Gadsden, AL....one heck of a stick here on the Coosa river. That Puma never gets more than a "flip" off the bank Glad you enjoyed the experience.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Here is some good info on a Lynx/300 Combo guys!

https://www.boatingmag.com/bass-cat-...ource=facebook
    Is that the boat that's been at the factory for demo?

Yessir, that's it! Red Lynx with the 300 Vrod

15. Member
    Its a beautiful rig, wish I could hit the #s on Friday

16. Member
    Moving from Champion to Cat when I did it took me a while to learn how to drive it in rough water. Once I did, I frequently got comments like the OP's. If you're considering one spend a day in one. Everything they do has a purpose. You'll know then if it's for you or not. Instead people mock the design without giving it a chance.

Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip 514

17. Member
    Tell you what, if I won the lottery. I'd be in a new Lynx with a 300.