Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Wow Mr. Pierce you are a class act!

Made a post here while back about buying a Phoenix 920 and coming out of a puma and I have been a bit apprehensive about leaving a great company but really liked the 920 I am getting. My new boat gets here soon and very excited about it. To make it even tougher today I get a handwritten letter from Rick that he learned I was moving on and thanking me for owning a cat and good luck with my new boat. Thanks a lot Rick for making it even tougher. That is simply amazing in my book and you are something else sir! It was an honor to meet you several times and also impressed how you opened your factory at the BBC bull shoals rally and you were the last one to leave that night and did not want any help cleaning up. Thanks again to an amazing man and company!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

That is awesome. Truly class act.

3. Member
    That’s awesome. Dealer support and customer service means everything. Wish I had that with my last boat purchase. Like the boat hate the dealer.

4. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Hate to see you go. Been watching you, Russ, and Hunt post forever. Rick is a class act for sure. That whole factory is full of good people. Good luck with the new bird
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    That is the reason I stayed with Basscat.

7. Member
    Good luck with the new boat Jim. Maybe some day you'll be back

8. Member
    Mr. Pierce is a class act individual. I don't own a BCB but will some day. I've dealt with him in a professional setting and I have no negative comments about the man. If I had the opportunity I would consider changing careers to work for him and his company, it's a very unique place filled with great people. I truly enjoy every time I get the chance to speak with Mr. Pierce, he's a busy man but if you catch him at the right time and discuss anything boat related (hulls, engines, electronics, etc.) pack a lunch because the conversation will be lengthy. Another thing not many people realize is that his hand is in a lot of things pertaining to the boating industry that have nothing to do with BCB but you wouldn't even know. Manufacturers come to him and he tells them whats right or wrong with their products and they listen and take his word. There's more than likely things on your boat even if it's not a BCB that he helped in the making of. He's a very unique individual and I'm glad to say that I've met and dealt with him. I can't wait for the day that I'm finally able to buy a new BCB and receive his hand written letter that he's know for thanking me for my purchase.

It is very hard to go to another boat manufacture after you have has a Bass Cat!!

Ricks a good man with a kind heart and I consider him a friend. One of Mt. Homes finest.
    Last edited by MMosher; 01-07-2018 at 06:57 AM.

11. Member
    I've had two Cats and will own another when I go back to glass, you will not find better people or a better company....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    I've had two Cats and will own another when I go back to glass, you will not find better people or a better company....
    Ditto. Great guy who's built a great team!

Enjoy the Phoenix Jim

Two years ago while looking to buy my first bass boat I ran across a PIV. I had never considered a Basscat because I didn’t know anything about them or been in one. I went look at the boat and for the next week got online and researched BC and the PIV. Needless to say I bought the boat and have not regretted my decision one bit. The main selling point to me was posts like this. Customer service and integrity goes a long way with me and I am a BC owner for life and can’t wait to buy my next one. Really hope to make it to Mountain Home one day for a factory tour!

14. Member
    Yep, makes it very hard to leave BassCat as I am in a similar position right now due to pricing and offerings.

15. Member
    There is a reason for the strong customer loyalty, without a doubt. I still miss the P II I ran back in the day. That was one sweet rig.

16. Member
    I was very impressed with Rick and the whole operation during the Midwest Rally tour. I'd never really considered buying a Basscat before then, but after touring the plant, talking to Rick, and hearing about their excellent customer service, Basscat would be my first choice if I were buying a new boat tomorrow. And with all the "corporate" changes in the industry lately, I expect Basscat's market share to increase over the next few years.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    I was very impressed with Rick and the whole operation during the Midwest Rally tour. I'd never really considered buying a Basscat before then, but after touring the plant, talking to Rick, and hearing about their excellent customer service, Basscat would be my first choice if I were buying a new boat tomorrow. And with all the "corporate" changes in the industry lately, I expect Basscat's market share to increase over the next few years.
    The man is very committed to his product and will do what it takes to hold the integrity of his company as well as himself. Like I've said I'm not a BCB owner but will be one day after having dealings with Mr. Pierce as well as the direction of other companies.

18. Member
    What a Class Act! This day and age its hard to find a company that has such good service and personal commitment to its customers!
    One of the many reasons I own a Bass Cat!! Love my Cougar FTD.

19. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    BCB is such a great company.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

"Real leadership is being the person others will gladly and confidently follow." John C. Maxwell. I've had several conversations with Rick via e mail. Some good, some bad. He is always prompt and to the point. Bass cat customer for life. Trying to convert others to the brand as well. Would love to go to the factory some day and meet everyone.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast