Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    It used to be in Tn. that you could only have one hook on a multiple lure rig and they considered each blade on a spinnerbait a lure. If the Game Warden was a butt he could write you up for having a trailer hook on a daytime spinnerbait with more than one blade. The law was to protect the stripers and for the most part they would not bother the bass fishermen unless you pissed them off. Now since the A-rig craze they changed the law and we can have all the lures we want but only three hooks can be used on the line.

Not questioning the legality as it is within the regulations, at least in TN. Our state BASS federation just passed the following rule...

"any umbrella type rigging, harness, or other device designed to hold more than one lure at a time - with or without hooks - is not allowed"

And I think a lot of those spinnerbaits pictured would be outlawed for tournament rules, which I disagreed with from the outset.

This is one of my favorites
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

A blade is not considered a lure.... Just a component of "The lure" So tandem spinner baits are against the rules? How about these below? I think someone needs to explain the rules to you better.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Are these considered 1 lure in TN?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Not disagreeing at all Mike, it is a stupid rule the way it is written. To answer your question, I would consider a blade on a spinnerbait a lure just as much as I would a dummy swimbait on a u-rig. No difference imo. The intent was meant to be just for the a-rig but it was not written correctly. Again, TN BASS Nation rule, not a TN wildlife reg. I am pretty sure the elite BASS rule has additional wording that allows for the spinnerbait as you stated
    Last edited by sdbrison; 01-15-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12