Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

New 296-186 for the texas guys

2. Member
    I see those 2 every time I head to the lake. Been waiting on them to get a 210. Pretty sure I saw the 210/honda package on rayburn this weekend, the first one that came out. I've seen it or one just like it before out there. Looked like he was on a top speed run in the cool weather.

I didnt realize the 186 was a 40k boat. Does it have a champion platform as well?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    Curious what they are asking for the 296?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Curious what they are asking for the 296?
    Right at 50 i believe.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Right at 50 i believe.
    Can't get 50 unless its loaded with 8" minimum graphs with at least 1 with si. It needs at least 1 shallow anchor too. Just look at what some other really good companies (Skeeter, Bass Cat, Phoenix) are throwing out there on some national advertised pricing for 19-20' boats. We may all agree that Charger builds one of the best boats in the market, but most of the population has barely heard of them much less seen one or been in one to know about their quality. IMO, Charger has to be either slightly less in $ or spend some money on marketing at the national level. And they should be less because compared to the 3 I mentioned, Charger saves probably over a $1M + in marketing in comparison.
    Last edited by barbarian; 01-31-2018 at 10:22 AM.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I didnt realize the 186 was a 40k boat. Does it have a champion platform as well?
    No, only the 210 and 198 Elites are Champion platforms. The 3rd Elite to be carried over to Stratos from the Champion shut down 183. Don't know if that one is in consideration at Charger or not.

8. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 01-31-2018 at 07:46 PM.

9. Member
    I agree with you guys too about the nationally advertised boats. This has been the case for years! The one thing I always stress about Charger is the fact that it is a custom made boat. You pick the colors, seat colors, carpet colors, motor, trailer, everything! The nationally advertised boats do not offer many if any options. You get the trolling motor that they put on it, the electronics you put on it, etc... I don't want to be in a boat identical to 3 or 4 other guys in the tournament. Are those choices worth the extra money? I would say that's up to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I agree with you guys too about the nationally advertised boats. This has been the case for years! The one thing I always stress about Charger is the fact that it is a custom made boat. You pick the colors, seat colors, carpet colors, motor, trailer, everything! The nationally advertised boats do not offer many if any options. You get the trolling motor that they put on it, the electronics you put on it, etc... I don't want to be in a boat identical to 3 or 4 other guys in the tournament. Are those choices worth the extra money? I would say that's up to the individual.
    I individualized my 210 as much as money, and the wife, would allow. That being said, try to find another Pearl white Dodge colored boat of any make or model.
    I got nothin

11. Member
    I'm sure if they are asking close to 50 on that 296 they have considerable room to move on price. I would hope so anyway.
    2014 Charger 496 / Merc 250 Pro XS

12. Charger Rep. Texas/La
    Only way to know is to call and ask.