Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I don’t mind it but I usually just hit the button when I get in. You can also disable it with a jumper or by using FORSCAN

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xY/mobilebasic

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017DIX7GA...iglink20312-20

2. Banned
    dup

3. Banned
    dup. Forum was freaking out
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 01-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.

It drives me nuts. I hate it. But, I'm sure you'll get use to it. What I don't like about the Start/Stop on these vehicles is the fact that the steering wheel power also shuts down and you can't turn the wheel while your foot is on the brake. So, as I was waiting to take a left turn and the engine shut off, I tried to turn the wheel and it wouldn't go until I let my foot off the brake. It was with an Escape, not a 150.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

5. Banned
    You don’t want to use a tester plug. It’s not the best option. The drawback to hitch plug method is it disables crow detection for those that have it. And it makes your truck think you're towing obviously
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 01-06-2018 at 08:48 AM.

6. Banned
    Isn’t there a semi permanent lockout feature on the F 350’s with the 2.7 Eco? Those serious workhourse don’t have time
    for crap like auto shut off

7. Banned
    The epa is thinking about economy. That’s the whole purpose of the system

What gas truck u gonna buy that does not have it, I am guessing it's a matter of time.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by DvKing View Post
    Isn’t there a semi permanent lockout feature on the F 350’s with the 2.7 Eco? Those serious workhourse don’t have time
    for crap like auto shut off
    2.7 Eco in an F350?

Other brands all you have to do is unplug the hood switch
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

11. Member
    It don't sound like I would like it much. Don't like cylinder deactivation on GM.(have driven one with that). Ram trucks and Toyota so far don't have either of the two. I hate to have to buy a Ram as I don't like their recent models looks very well.(maybe that will get better). Toyota needs to up their mileage just a little for the road trips we would take,but love their looks. It's like choosing the better of the evils. My oldest son bought a Toyota 2 years ago, and has 50,000 flawless miles on it so far. But, the best he has gotten as far as mileage on a long trip is 17.4. averaging since he bought it 15.5. mostly shorter trips,drives to work,driving in town,with a few trips to the Memphis hospital and one vacation. If I were just pulling things with it I would definitely buy one. but,in my wife's case,their would only be about 5% or so pulling anything. Due to the fact I would have to pry her out of it to use it! So back to looking at a F-150 for now.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    keep your's and just get a generic add on remote control engine start/stop.. all controlled by key ring remote, lot cheaper lololololo... wifes car has it from factory, key fob style.. I wouldn't want a automatic one. if failed your stranded middle no where probably? only thing ever had with auto start/stop was a reefer unit on a 53' Reefer and when those go out think of $50 K worth of Beef inside.. and a rush to find a thermo king dealer, much less if parts on hand and can get it fix ASAP?
    I am not sure you understand what this thread is about. The OP is talking about the feature that shuts down the engine when you stop at a stop light of stop sign, then re starts the engine when you take foot off brake. Not talking about a remote start, LOL.
    Is this just in the small V6?

13. Member
    My wife's Mercedes SUV has it and neither of us like it. Have to press a button on the dash each time we crank it or it turns off when we stop. When turned off it is ok until ignition is turned off then wash, rinse, and repeat.

the light brake application works but should not be required.

we can thank our Federal Gov't for this intrusion.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 01-06-2018 at 09:49 AM.

14. Member
    De activate the seat belt alarm, via truck hand-book ... You can still use seat belt! Works for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FishinSnowguy

15. idbefishing
    It doesn’t take much effort to put in the jumper neither is taking it out should you run into warranty issues.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    It don't sound like I would like it much. Don't like cylinder deactivation on GM.(have driven one with that). Ram trucks and Toyota so far don't have either of the two. I hate to have to buy a Ram as I don't like their recent models looks very well.(maybe that will get better). Toyota needs to up their mileage just a little for the road trips we would take,but love their looks. It's like choosing the better of the evils. My oldest son bought a Toyota 2 years ago, and has 50,000 flawless miles on it so far. But, the best he has gotten as far as mileage on a long trip is 17.4. averaging since he bought it 15.5. mostly shorter trips,drives to work,driving in town,with a few trips to the Memphis hospital and one vacation. If I were just pulling things with it I would definitely buy one. but,in my wife's case,their would only be about 5% or so pulling anything. Due to the fact I would have to pry her out of it to use it! So back to looking at a F-150 for now.

dodge trucks have had cylinder deactivations for over 10 years now?? having lots of cam and lifter issues now on them???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

17. Member
    I've been driving a loaner f150 from my dealer for a week now and at first i didn't like the engine dying at stoplights but within a couple of days I was used to it and now don't even notice it. This truck is a crew cab 2wd with the 2.7 and I've gotten 26mpg on the highway with the cruise set on 78 and 20mpg in the city.

18. Member
    I’m in the same boat when it comes time to shop. Can’t stand it.
    The Cadillac dealer has given me a loaner SUV with it, twice.
    Going to keep my current SUV until just before warranty expires.
    I’m at 44k, have until 70k to figure it out. Damn technology.
    And I’m a proponent of energy savings, not this stuff, however.

19. Member
    I too am considering down sizing from f250 to 150– I want leather interior so looking at lariats- best price quote so far is 46k- the last f150 I bought was a 2005 lariat- paid 30 k— damn expensive for 1/2 ton if u ask me

Link states like above, get a cheap trailer testing plug. However if all you have to do is hit a button every time I don't see the issue, and wow they have the feature on the Raptor. Who is thinking about economy in those.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5298&FORM=VIRE
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12