Question about the LaGrange area ?

I'm talking with Classic City Marinas about possible employment. Looking for info on the LaGrange area good and bad if anyone can offer their opinion. Also is West Point Lake get crazy or is it not to bad in the summer ? Thank you for any help.
    Proud Army Dad

2. Member
    not sure what kinda town your from but, Lagrange its self is a bit stale. its got all the things a small town should have though, its not bad, but its kinda stuck where its at, not growing not shrinking. the best part about Lagrange is its proximity to everything else.. Newnan, columbus, opelika/auburn are all 30 mins away all of which offer good shopping dinning entertainment etc. the school system is not bad. Lagrange real estate isnt crazy either, least not like the surrounding bigger cities. how ever it is ga an their property taxes are a bit more than Alabama. if your looking and not opposed to living on the other side of the lake, the Roanoke area can be nice and land is cheap compared.

west point lake is a tricky lake. i would say it only gets crowded and crazy on the big holidays like memorial day. even then its not near as bad as other lakes around it like harding or martin. its got a few on the water amenities that are good too.

as far as fishing on west point goes, if your into stripped bass/hybrids its great. for bass it used to be a great lake but i believe the stripes have taken over an the bass populations have suffered. in recent years they have been stocking the lake with largemouth however its too early to see the benefit from that effort, most believe the fingerlings get eaten up by the stripes pretty quick. still during the spring you'll see some guys weighing in near 20 pounds sometimes more. late summer is tough. ive always done best during the late fall an winter. that mostly because spring and spawn its hard to fish anywhere but eufaula.

anyways, i dont think the town would be a mistake for any one considering all these things. i know nothing about classic city marinas.
    i live one town south of lagrange across the boarder in valley. i went to school in lagrange too.

3. Member
    PM sent

Gone thru area over the years truckin, one of those ho hum areas. I'd use google earth satellite and do some looking road and satellite views, for starters. then google homes etc. aAnd no matter what part of GA, Atlanta always SUCKS! lolo

I think Jeremy pretty much nailed it. The only thing I would add is that I think West Point is a good LM lake. It takes some getting used to it though. Having Eufaula that close would be a double bonus. The monster ATL airport is not a bad drive if you need to travel. There are a lot of pluses to LaGrange.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Thank you everyone for the input. It was great speaking to you on the phone Charles , hope to see you in the future.
    Proud Army Dad