River Rats Bass Club, Sarasota, FL

Came across these at my father in laws house when we were cleaning it out. Just wondered if anybody knew anything about the club or knew Penny Godfrey. I've got some pictures of stickers and his 1981 high points champion jacket. I posted this up in the lounge and they said to post it down here. Thanks!

Brian

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=868254
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

2. Member
    Lived in Sarasota in parts of 76, all of 77, and part of 78. Knew Penny from seeing him out on Lake Parrish. Great fisherman as I recall. Also was told he was a great carpenter. When I first moved to Sarasota from Tampa I went to one of the River Rats meetings (think it was in a bowling alley in Bradenton). There was almost a fist fight at the meeting between two club members. Didn't want to get involved in that kind of stuff so I just left.

Penny was a heck of a fisherman and we have a few of his fish he had mounted. He was a great carpenter too, I was impressed by the addition he built on his house and some of the things he had built inside. I took him fishing right before my wedding and he outfished me that day, haha! Unfortunately he had a stroke 5 days later and then passed about a year after that.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.